AIR CONDITIONER SAFETY
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
follow basic precautions, including the following:
• Read all of the instructions before using this appliance.
• Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet.
• Do not remove ground prong.
• Do not use an adapter.
• Do not use an extension cord.
• Do not operate the air conditioner if it has a damaged
cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been
damaged or dropped.
service personnel. Call an authorized service company
• Disconnect power before servicing.
• Disconnect power before cleaning.
does NOT disconnect the appliance from the power supply.
• Do not install or use the air conditioner in any area where
the atmosphere contains combustible gases or where the
atmosphere is contaminated. Avoid any chemicals coming
in contact with your air conditioner.
• Do not store anything directly on top of the air conditioner.
• Use two or more people to move and install air conditioner.
• Do not use the air conditioner near a bathtub, shower or
wash basin or other wet area.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Your safety and the safety of others are very important.
We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all
This is the safety alert symbol.
This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can kill or hurt you and others. All safety messages will
follow the safety alert symbol and either the word “DANGER,” “WARNING” or “CAUTION.”
These words mean:
immediately follow instructions.
A potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious
A potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in moderate or minor
can happen if the instructions are not followed.