Latest update: May 12, 2018
This website under the domain name www.manualsfile.com (“Website”) is operated by ManualsFile team, contact email: [email protected]
The website, manualsfile.com provides services for viewing user manuals and instructions in a screen-readable format and translated into multiple languages.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data. Personal Data may be freely provided by you, or, in case of usage data, is collected through the use of this Website.
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies consist of portions of code stored on your device in order to help us collect information about your activities. Cookies enable us to store your preferences and settings, remember your log-in details, provide customised content and marketing communication, understand which part(s) of our Website and Services are the most popular and analyse Website operations.
You can configure your browser to accept all Cookies, refuse all Cookies, or indicate when a Cookie is being sent. It is worth noting that the Website is designed for you to work using Cookies and therefore some Website features or Services may not function properly without Cookies.
You can manage preferences for Cookies directly from within their own browser and prevent – for example – third parties from installing Cookies. Through browser preferences, it is also possible to delete Cookies installed in the past, including the Cookies that may have saved the initial consent for the installation of Cookies by this website. Users can, for example, find information about how to manage Cookies in the most commonly used browsers at the following addresses: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Users may also follow instructions provided on the subsequently linked initiatives by the EDAA (EU), the Network Advertising Initiative (US) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (US), DAAC (Canada), DDAI (Japan) or other similar services. Such initiatives allow Users to select their tracking preferences for most of the advertising tools. The Company thus recommends that Users make use of these resources in addition to the information provided in this document.
Information Collection and Use
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you “Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Use of Data
ManualsFile.com uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
When you visit our Website, the advertisement you see may be customized based on your previous behaviour on Internet. We do not process your Personal Data ourselves, but we allow third parties to access your Personal Data through our Website. Please refer to privacy policies of respective third parties in this document.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
You may exercise certain rights regarding your Personal Data processed by us as the data controller:
- Access your Personal Data: You have the right to learn if your Personal Data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification: You have the right to verify the accuracy of your Personal Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Have your Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed: You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Personal Data from us. This right applies for example, when you withdraw your consent or when the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes, for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Data: You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your Personal Data. This right applies for example, when you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data or when the processing is unlawful.
- Receive your Personal Data and have it transferred to another controller: You have the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Where your Personal Data is processed for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to the particular situation to justify the objection. If we do not demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, we will no longer process the Personal Data.
- Withdraw your consent at any time: You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your Personal Data. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Lodge a complaint. You have the right to bring a claim before competent data protection authority.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US AND EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
You can exercise your rights by contacting us either through the contact by sending us an email on: [email protected]
or text message at Contact Us