Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English, French)
Load Washer Maytag MVWB980BG
Table Of Contents
- WASHER SAFETY
- WHAT’S NEW UNDER THE LID?
- CONTROL PANEL AND FEATURES
- CYCLE GUIDE
- USING YOUR WASHER
- WASHER MAINTENANCE
- ASSISTANCE OR SERVICE
- Recommendations to Help Keep Your Washer Clean and Performing at its Best
- Always use High Efficiency (HE) detergents and follow the HE detergent manufacturer’s instructions regarding the amount of HE detergent to use. Never use more than the recommended amount because that may increase the rate at which detergent and soil residue accumulate inside your washer, which in turn may result in undesirable odor.
- Use warm and hot wash water settings sometimes (not exclusively cold water washes), because they do a better job of controlling the rate at which soils and detergent accumulate.
- Always leave the washer lid open between uses to help dry out the washer and prevent the buildup of odor-causing residue.
Cleaning Your Top Loading Washer
- Read these instructions completely before beginning the routine cleaning processes recommended below. This Washer
- Maintenance Procedure should be performed, at a minimum, once per month or every 30 wash cycles, whichever occurs sooner, to control the rate at which soils and detergent may otherwise accumulate in your washer.
Cleaning the Inside of the Washer
- To keep your washer odor-free, follow the usage instructions provided above, and use this recommended monthly cleaning procedure:
Clean Washer Cycle
- This washer has a special cycle that uses higher water volumes in combination with affresh® Washer Cleaner or liquid chlorine bleach to clean the inside of the washer.
- Begin procedure affresh® Washer Cleaner Cycle Procedure (Recommended for Best Performance):
- Open the washer lid and remove any clothing or items.
- Place an affresh® Washer Cleaner tablet in the bottom of the washer basket.
- Do not place an affresh® Washer Cleaner tablet in the detergent dispenser.
- Do not add any detergent or other chemical to the washer when following this procedure.
- Close the washer lid.
- Select the CLEAN WASHER cycle.
- Press the START/PAUSE button to begin the cycle.
The Clean Washer Cycle Operation is described below.
- NOTE: For best results, do not interrupt cycle. If cycle must be interrupted, press POWER/CANCEL. (For models with no Power/Cancel button, press and hold START/PAUSE for three seconds). After the Clean Washer cycle has stopped, run a Rinse/Drain & Spin cycle to rinse cleaner from washer.
- Chlorine Bleach Procedure (Alternative): a. Open the washer lid and remove any clothing or items. b. Add 1 cup (236 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment.
- NOTE: Use of more liquid chlorine bleach than is recommended above could cause washer damage over time. c. Close the washer lid. d. Do not add any detergent or other chemical to the washer when following this procedure. e. Select the CLEAN WASHER cycle. f. Press the START/PAUSE button to begin the cycle.
- The Clean Washer Cycle Operation is described below.
- NOTE: For best results, do not interrupt cycle. If cycle must be interrupted, press POWER/CANCEL. (For models with no
- Power/Cancel button, press and hold START/PAUSE for three seconds). After the Clean Washer cycle has stopped, run a Rinse/Drain & Spin cycle to rinse cleaner from washer.
Description of Clean Washer Cycle Operation:
- This cycle will fill to a water level higher than in normal wash cycles to provide rinsing at a level above the water line for normal wash cycle.
- During this cycle, there will be some agitation and spinning to increase the removal of soils.
- After this cycle is complete, leave the lid open to allow for better ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
Cleaning the Dispensers
- After a period of using your washer, you may find some residue buildup in the washer’s dispensers. To remove residue from the dispensers, wipe them with a damp cloth and towel dry.
- Do not attempt to remove the dispensers or trim for cleaning.
- The dispensers and trim are not removable. If your model has a dispenser drawer, however, remove the drawer and clean it before or after you run the Clean Washer cycle. Use an all-purpose surface cleaner, if needed.
- Cleaning the Outside of the Washer
- Use a soft, damp cloth or sponge to wipe away any spills. Use only mild soaps or cleaners when cleaning external washer surfaces.
- IMPORTANT: To avoid damaging the washer’s finish, do not use abrasive products.
Newest Added: MDB7749SAM MGR8650FZ MEW7630DE MES5752BAB MGC7536DS
Also, These documents are for others Maytag models: MVWB980BG, MVWB980BW
Tags: Maytag Top Loading High Efficiency, Maytag Bravo X, Maytag Bravos Xl, Maytag Bravos Xl Washer Manual, Maytag Bravos X Washer Manual, Maytag Bravos Xl Steam Washer Manual, Maytag Bravos Xl Manual