4. Operating instructions
4.1 How to get accurate measurements
To ensure accurate measurements, follow these instructions:
1. Please make sure that the temperature sensor is absolutely clean.
2. Please make sure that the device is used in a closed room where there is no strong breeze or draft.
3. Coverage of the forehead and the ears by hair or a hat will make the forehead and the ear warmer; therefore make sure that the forehead or the ear has not been covered during 5 minutes prior to the measurement.
4. Please make sure the forehead is dry and clean before measurement to prevent the sensor from getting stained.
5. Before measuring the ear temperature, please clean the ear canal.
6. Please be aware that intense emotions and exertion before taking a measurement can affect the accuracy of the reading.
7. If the thermometer is transferred from one environmental condition to another that has a different ambient temperature, it is suggested to wait at least 30 minutes to get the thermometer adjust itself to the new conditions in order to get the most accurate reading.
8. Do not hold the thermometer in your hands unnecessarily as it is highly sensitive to heat. Holding the unit for more than 3 minutes can result in inaccurate measurements.
4.2 How to use the Head-mode
To measure the body temperature from the forehead, follow these instructions:
1. Point the thermometer sensor toward the temple.
2. Keep some space between the sensor and the skin (approx. 1/4 inch, 0,5 cm).
3. First measure your temple, then the spot between your eyebrows and then the other temple while holding the head button.