Honeywell RTH8500 Series Programmable Thermostat
Quick Installation Guide
System operation settings
1. Press the Mode button to cycle to the next available System mode.
2. Cycle through the modes until the required System mode is displayed and leave it to activate.
NOTE: Available System modes vary by model and system settings.
‒ Auto: Thermostat selects heating or cooling as needed.
‒ Heat: Thermostat controls only the heating system.
‒ Cool: Thermostat controls only the cooling system.
‒ Em Heat (only for heat pumps with auxiliary heat): Thermostat controls Auxiliary Heat. Compressor is not used.
‒ Off: Heating and cooling system is off. Fan will still operate if fan is set to On or Circulate.
Fan operation settings
1. Press the Fan button to cycle to the next available Fan mode.
2. Cycle through the modes until the required Fan mode is displayed and leave it to activate.
NOTE: Available Fan modes vary with system settings.
‒ Auto: Fan runs only when the heating or cooling system is on.
‒ On: Fan is always on.
‒ Circ: Fan circulates randomly about 33% of the time.
You can program four time periods each day, with different settings for weekdays and weekends. We recommend the pre-set settings (shown in the table below), since they can reduce your heating/cooling expenses.
Wake - Set to the time you wake up and the temperature you want during the morning, until you leave for the day
Away - Set to the time you leave home and the temperature you want while you are away (usually an energy-saving level).
Home - Set to the time you return home and the temperature you want during the evening, until bedtime.
Sleep - Set to the time you go to bed and the temperature you want overnight (usually an energysaving level).
NOTE: To temporarily or permanently override any of the above program schedules, see page 13.
To adjust program schedules
1. Touch Menu on the thermostat home screen.
2. Touch the or arrows until you see SCHEDULE, t
Newest Added: Ford Continental 1999 Ford Escort 1998 DK-CL3P F-150 F-450