Documents: Go to donwload!
- User Manual - (English, French, German, Dutch - Holland, Italian)
- Philips SC1999-00 Lumea Advanced Hair Removal Device Specifications Sheet - (English)
User manual Hair Removal Device Philips SC1999-00
- Device overview
- How IPL works
- What to expect
- Tanning advice
- Before you use your Lumea
- Using your Philips Lumea
- After use
- Cleaning & storage
- Warranty and support
Never use the device on the following areas:
- Around the eyes and on or near the eyebrows.
- On the lips, nipples, areolas, labia minora, vagina, anus and the inside of the nostrils and ears.
- Men must not use the device on the face and neck including all beard-growing areas, nor on the whole genital area.
- On areas where you use long-lasting deodorants. This can result in skin reactions.
- Over or near anything artificial like silicone implants, subcutaneous injection ports (for instance an insulin dispenser) or piercings.
How IPL works
- With IPL technology, gentle pulses of light are applied to the skin and absorbed by the hair root. The darker the hair, the better the pulses of light are absorbed.
- The pulses of light stimulate the hair follicle to go into a resting phase. As a consequence, the hair sheds naturally and hair regrowth is prevented, leaving your skin continuously silky-smooth.
- The cycle of hair growth consists of different phases. IPL technology is only effective when the hair is in its growing phase. Not all hairs are in the growing phase at the same time. This is why we recommend an 8-week treatment schedule followed by touch-ups to make sure all hairs are effectively treated in the growing phase.
Tanning with natural or artificial sunlight: Intentionally exposing your skin to natural or artificial sunlight with the aim of developing a tan influences the sensitivity and color of your skin. Therefore the following is important:
- After each treatment, wait at least 48 hours before tanning. Even after 48 hours, make sure that the treated skin does not show any redness from the treatment anymore.
- In case of exposing your skin to the sun (without tanning intentionally) in the 48 hours after treatment, use a sunblock SPF 50+ on the treated areas. After this period, you can use a sunblock SPF 30+ for two weeks.
- After tanning, wait at least 2 weeks before you use Lumea. Perform a skin test to determine the appropriate light intensity setting.
- Do not use Lumea on sunburned body areas.
Tanning with creams
- If you have used an artificial tanning lotion, wait until the artificial tan has disappeared completely before you use the device.
When you use Lumea for the first time or after recent tanning, perform a skin test on each area to be treated. The skin test is necessary to check your skin's reaction to the treatment and to determine the correct light intensity setting for each body area.
- Choose an area close to the area you intend to treat.
- Switch on the device. Make sure you select setting 1.
- Put the device against your skin and press the flash button to release a flash.
- Slide the device over the skin to the next area to be treated
- Increase the setting by one level, apply a flash and slide the device to the next area. Repeat this for all levels within the recommended range for your skin type.
- After the skin test, wait 24 hours and check your skin for any reaction. If your skin shows reactions, choose the highest setting that did not result in any skin reaction for subsequent use. The skin test should be performed in all the areas you want to treat.
Cleaning & storage
After use, switch off the device, unplug it and let it cool down.
- Remove the attachment.
- Moisten the soft cloth supplied with the device with a few drops of water and use it to clean the following parts: the light exit window, the outside surface of the attachments, the reflector inside the attachments, the reddish filter glass inside the facial attachment.
- Let all parts air dry thoroughly.
- Store the device in a dust-free and dry place at a temperature between 0 °C and 60 °C.
Newest Added: HR1873-72 GC4527 HX3215-03 HD9650-93 GC332-60
Also, These documents are for others Philips models: SC1997, SC1999
Tags: Philips 43pfl5604/f7 Manual, Philips 24PFL3603/F7, Philips 24PFL3603, Philips 24pfl3603f7, Philips 43PFL5604/F7 User Manual, Philips Tv Model 24pfl3603/f7 Manual, Philips 24pfl3603/f7 Manual