Documents: Go to download!
- User Manual - (English)
User manual Car for Honda CIVIC SEDAN 1990
Table of contents
- Features & Safety
- Starting & Driving
- Emergency Service
- Consumer Information
Fuel Filler Door and Cap
Gasoline is extremely flammable and is explosive under certain conditions. Perform this operation in a well-ventilated area with the engine stopped. Do not smoke or allow open flames or sparks in the area or where gasoline is stored.
- The fuel filler door is opened by pulling up on the lever at the left side of the driver's seat.
- The door will lock automatically when closed; push it until it clicks.
CAUTION: You may hear a hiss when you open the filler cap. This sound is residual pressure escaping from the fuel tank. Open the cap slowly and remove the cap after the hissing stops. Fuel spray may cause injury. Do not overfill the tank; fill only until the gas pump clicks off automatically and never top off.
- Make sure the shift lever is in Park (P).
- Apply the parking brake and the foot brake.
- When starting in cold weather, keep all unnecessary electrical circuits off (lights, defogger, etc.) for the best battery output.
- Do not crank the engine for more than 15 seconds at a time. Wait 10 seconds before going to the next step.
- The head restraints are designed to help reduce injuries due to whiplash. They are located at the top of each seat-back. The front head restraints have several height positions. They can be adjusted by pulling up to the recommended position. To lower them, slide the button next to the restraint's height bar, while pushing the restraint down.
- The rear head restraints have also several height positions.
- Adjust so the top of the restraint is approximately level with the tops of your ears. That relative position may reduce injury due to whiplash in an accident.
- If a head restraint must be removed (for cleaning, fabric repair, etc.) pull the restraint up to its highest position, then slide the button while pulling the restraint out.
- To reinstall, reverse the above procedure.
Releasing the Seat Belts
- To release the manual lap belt, push the "PRESS" button in the buckle, the belt should retract automatically when released.
- The driver's shoulder belt buckle will release and travel to its off position when the key is removed from the ignition.
- The shoulder belt buckle will also release and travel to its off position when the door is opened.
To Set the Cruise Control
- Push the CRUISE CONTROL master switch on the dash; the indicator light will come on.
- Accelerate to the desired speed, then, push and release the SET switch on the steering wheel. The Cruise Control light on the instrument panel will come on.
- The speed you were going when you released the SET switch is the speed the Cruise Control will hold. You can then "fine tune" the set speed by briefly holding and releasing the SET switch to decrease it a few mph or pushing the RESUME switch to slightly increase it.
To Cancel the Cruise Control
- Push the CRUISE CONTROL master switch and the indicator light will go off (this also erases the memory of the set speed).
- If you must temporarily disengage the system (but you wish to retain the memory of the set speed): tap the brake pedal, or the clutch pedal (manual transmission) or move the automatic transmission shift lever to N (Neutral). If you are still going above 25 mph (40km/h), you can return to the set speed by simply pushing the RESUME switch. If the car has decelerated below approximately 25 mph (40 km/h),you can return to the set speed by using the accelerator conventionally until your speed is above 25 mph (40km/h) and then pushing the RESUME switch.
See other models: PRELUDE 1992 CIVIC HATCHBACK 1991 2022 CRF450RX 2022 CRF450R INSIGHT 2022