Documents: Go to donwload!
- User Manual - (English, Spanish)
- Instructions to re-key a SmartKey Security lock - (English)
User manual Smart Lock for Kwikset HC620 TRL ZW700 15 SMT RCAL RCS CP
Table of contents
- Parts in the box
- Required tools
- Smart home system setup
- Reference guide
Add the lock to your smart home system
- Initiate the process to add the lock to your system at your smart home controller . Refer to your smart home system instructions for more information .
- If prompted by your smart home system to add the lock , press button " A " on the lock interior one time . The red LED will illuminate when the lock enters Add Mode .
- At this time , you may be prompted by your smart home system to enter the 5 - digit PIN found on the label of the interior assembly . If not , proceed to step D.
- If successful , re - name the lock in your system ( if applicable ) . If unsuccessful , follow your system's instructions to remove the lock from the controller and any other network , then press button " A " on the lock one time . Perform steps A - C again .
Install the latch
- Extend the latch bolt .
- UP is on top .
- If the D - shaped hole is not centered in the door hole , rotate the latch face to extend the latch.
Install the exterior assembly
- If the hole in the door is 2-1 / 8 " ( 54 mm ) , install the adapter ring . If the hole in the door is 1-1 / 2 " ( 38 mm ) , the adapter ring is not needed .
- Cable goes under the latch .
- Route the cable through the center hole of the mounting plate.
- Push the cable into the bottom hole of the mounting plate .
- Insert the key and test the latch . If the latch does not extend or retract smoothly , adjust the screws .
Install the interior assembly
- Make sure the turnpiece shaft is pointing up as shown below.
- If the turnpiece shaft is not pointing up , put the cover back on and rotate the turnpiece until you hear a click .
- Connect the cable . Ensure a tight cable connection .
- Lay cable flat inside the bottom of the interior housing .
- Ensure the spindle fully engages with the turnpiece shaft .
Perform the door handing process
Install 4 AA batteries into the battery pack .
The latch will retract and extend to learn the orientation of the door . Then the status LED will indicate success or failure .
- GREEN : Successful . Proceed to the next step .
- RED: Unsuccessful . Make sure the lock interior and batteries are correctly installed . Perform step 5 again . If your second attempt is still unsuccessful , follow the Manual Door Handing instructions on page 19 .
- NOTE : The lock will auto - hand again after the first time the door . is locked or unlocked using the keypad or app . This is to confirm the door orientation .
Newest Added: 818PGH LIP 15 SMT 720SAL SQT 15 818PGHXPSK 15 RDT SMT 971SAL SQT 15 604HFL SQT 15
Tags: Kwikset Home Connect 620, Kwikset 92640-001