For Your Safety
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
• For your safety and protection, this
dehumidifier is equipped with a
three-prong grounding plug on the power
cord. Do not, under any circumstances,
cut or remove the round ground prong
from the plug.
• Your dehumidifier must be plugged
directly into a properly grounded and
polarized three-prong receptacle. lf the
wall receptacle you intend to use will not
accept a three-prong plug, or if you are
not sure the outlet is adequately grounded
or protected by a time delay fuse or circuit
breaker, have a qualified electrician install
the proper outlet according to the
National Electrical Code and applicable
local codes and ordinances. Do not use an
extension cord or an adapter plug.
• Never unplug the dehumidifier by pulling
on the power cord. Always grip the plug
firmly and pull straight out from the
• Do not pinch, bend, or knot the power
• Do not store or use gasoline or other
flammable vapors and liquids in the
vicinity of this or any other appliance.
Read product labels for flammability and
• Discard water from bucket. Water is not
potable and cannot be used for drinking.
• Do not leave children unattended in an
area where the appliance is operating. Do
not allow them to sit or stand on the
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities or
lack of experience and knowledge, unless
they have been given supervision or
instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for their
• Children should be supervised to ensure
that they do not play with the appliance.
Child Safety Precautions
• Destroy the carton, plastic bags, and any
packing materials immediately after the
dehumidifier is unpacked. Children should
never use these items for play.
DANGER! Avoid Serious Injury or Death
• This dehumidifier contains no
user-serviceable parts. Always call an
authorized Electrolux servicer for repairs.
• Do not insert or place fingers or objects
into the air discharge area or back grille of
• Do not start or stop the dehumidifier by
unplugging the power cord or turning off
the power at the electrical box.
• Do not cut or damage the power cord. Do
not pull on the power cord.
• If the power cord is damaged, it should
only be replaced by an authorized
• In the event of a malfunction (sparks,
burning smell, etc.), immediately stop the
operation, disconnect the power cord, and
call an authorized Electrolux servicer.
• Do not operate the dehumidifier with wet
hands. Do not drink any water from the
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer, its service
agent or similarly qualified persons in
order to avoid a hazard.
• The appliance shall be installed in
accordance with national wiring