Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English)
- 2023 CRF450R/RX/RWE Competition Handbook - (English)
User Gudie Honda 2023 CRF450R Scoter
Table of contents
- Safety Guidelines
- Safety Labels
- Safety Precautions
- Riding Precautions
- Accessories & Modifications
- Place the scooter on its center stand.
- Lock the rear wheel by squeezing the rear brake lever and setting the brake lock lever
- Make sure the engine stop switch is at RUN.
- Turn the ignition switch ON.
- With the throttle completely closed, press the start button
- Be sure to keep the throttle ( ) closed and the rear brake locked while starting and warming up the engine
- Allow the engine to warm up before riding
If the engine fails to start after repeated attempts, it may be flooded with excess fuel. To clear a flooded engine:
- Leave the engine stop switch set to RUN.
- Open the throttle fully.
- Press the start button for 5 seconds.
- Follow the normal starting procedure.
- If the engine starts, then open the throttle slightly if idling is unstable. If the engine does not start, wait 10 seconds, then follow steps again
How to Stop the Engine
- To prevent unexpected movement, make sure the throttle is closed and the rear brake is locked before moving the scooter off its center stand.
- Stand on the left side of the scooter and push it forward and off the center stand.
- Mount the scooter from the left side, keeping at least one foot on the ground to steady the scooter.
- To unlock the rear wheel, squeeze the rear brake lever until the brake lock lever releases
- Before starting off, indicate your direction with the turn signals, and check for safe traffic conditions. Grasp the handlebars firmly with both hands.
- To accelerate, open the throttle gradually. The scooter will move forward.
- To decelerate, close the throttle.
- To slow the scooter, reduce the throttle and apply the front and rear brakes together. Using only one brake reduces stopping performance. Excessive brake application may cause either wheel to lock, reducing control of the scooter.
- When approaching a corner or turn, slow the scooter by closing the throttle fully and applying both the front and rear brakes at the same time.
- After completing a turn, open the throttle gradually to accelerate the scooter
- When descending a steep grade, close the throttle fully and apply both the front and rear brakes to slow the scooter
- When riding in wet or rainy conditions or loose surfaces, the ability to maneuver and stop is reduced.
Preparation for Storage
This procedure requires a means for draining and disposing of drained fuel
- Change the engine oil and clean the oil strainer screen
- Make sure the cooling system is filled with a 50/50% antifreeze solution
- Fill the fuel tank. Make sure the fuel fill cap is properly installed.
- prevent rusting in the cylinder
- Remove the battery and charge it fully. Store it in an area protected from freezing temperatures and direct sunlight. Slow charge the battery once a month.
- Wash and dry your scooter. Wax all painted surfaces. Apply rustinhibiting oil to the chrome pieces.
- Inflate the tires to their recommended pressures
- Store your scooter in an unheated area, free of dampness, away from sunlight, with a minimum of daily temperature variation.
- Place your scooter on blocks to lift both tires off the floor.
- Cover your scooter with a porous material. Avoid using plastic or similar non-breathing, coated materials that restrict air flow and allow heat and moisture to accumulate.
Removal from Storage
- Uncover and clean your scooter.
- If your scooter has been stored for more than four months –– change the engine oil
- If your scooter has been stored for more than two months –– ask your Honda dealer to drain and replace the fuel.
- Charge the battery as required. Install the battery
- Perform a pre-ride inspection , then test-ride your scooter at low speeds.
To operate the system
- Perform steps 1 and 2 in “To change the level”. bShift into 1st or 2nd gear. cWhen launching, open the throttle halfway or more.
- The system operates.
- The reduced rev limit is controlled and will gradually return to normal in a few seconds. Once the rev limit returns to normal, the system is disabled.
- The launch control system indicator comes on (purple) while the system is operating.
- If you open the throttle halfway or more before starting, the control system stops before starting and there is no effect. u If you close the throttle immediately, the system may not operate. u When the launch control system operates, these following conditions will disable launch control:
- Vehicle is in 3rd gear
- The throttle is completely closed dMake sure that the launch control system indicator is off. If it is not off, the system is not disabled. Quickly press the start button to disable the system.
- Starting aShift the transmission to neutral. bIf the temperature is 50 °F (10 °C) or below, pull the fast idle knob fully out.
- With the throttle completely closed, pull the clutch lever all the way in and press the start button.
- About a minute after the engine starts, push the fast idle knob back all the way to fully off.
Newest Added: 2023 METROPOLITAN 2022 CRF450X HR-V 2023 2022 TALON 1000X 2022 TALON 1000R
Tags: 2017 Honda Rubicon, Honda 2017 Crf 125f, Honda 2017 Crf450x, Honda Trail 125, 2022 Honda 125 Crf, Honda Crf 125f 2017, Honda 2200