Documents: Go to donwload!
- User Manual - (English, French, Spanish)
- INSTRUCTIONS - (English)
INSTRUCTIONS TO REKEY YOUR SMARTKEY LOCK for Kwikset 95530-018
- Make sure lock is mounted on door and that the door is opened away from the door frame.
- Insert the key that currently works with the lock
- Rotate the key 1/4 turn to a horizontal position.
- With the key in the horizontal position, insert the SmartKey tool fully and firmly into the SmartKey tool hole. Then remove the SmartKey tool.
- Now, keeping the key horizontal, carefully remove the key. (Note: If key does not remove, repeat step 4 - above.)
- Referring to figure D, insert the new key FULLY, making sure not to turn key away from the horizontal position.
- Referring to figure E, rotate the new key (1/4 turn) to the vertical position. Important: DO NOT REMOVE KEY before completing step 8 below.
- The check function: Now, rotate the new key back to the horizontal position and try to remove the key.
- If key does not remove, you have successfully rekeyed your lock.
- If key does remove, rekeying was not successful and you should - reinsert that key, and repeat steps 4, 7 and 8.
- This Manufacturer advises that no lock can provide complete security by itself. This lock may be defeated by forcible or technical means, or evaded by entry elsewhere on the property. No lock can substitute for caution, awareness of your environment, and common sense. Builder’s hardware is available in multiple performance grades to suit the application. In order to enhance security and reduce risk, you should consult a qualified locksmith or other security professional.
- Select the template that allows you to place the template on the EXTERIOR side of door. Fold template along fold line and place fold line along the edge of door with the centerline approximately 38" (965mm) from floor
- Mark holes A and B. Select desired backset before marking holes
- Mark holes C and D. Select door thickness before marking holes.
- Mark hole F. Select desired backset before marking hole.
- Drill from one side until the point of drill just breaks through, then complete hole from the other side to prevent splintering.
- Locate center of strike holes by measuring back from door stop, 1/2 the thickness of door.
Newest Added: 91560-029 99130-002 99120-005 99420-003 98001-374
Tags: Kwikset 99120-005, Kwikset 99130-002, Kwikset 99090 Manual, Kwikset Español, Kwikset, Kwikset 99100 Manual, Kwikset 99140 Manual