Documents: Go to donwload!
- User Manual - (English)
- Quick start guide - (English)
- Leaflet - (English)
- Energy Guide - (English)
User manual Television for Philips 32PFL5708/F7
Table of contents
- Positioning the TV
- Regulatory notices
- Environmental care
- Downloading an electronic copy
- Get started
- Supplied accessories
- Symbols used in this User Manual
- Attaching the base
- Managing cables
- Installing the remote control batteries
- Remote control function
- Control panel
- Connecting the antenna or unencrypted cable
- Plugging in the AC power cord
- Initial setup
- Use your TV
- Switching on your TV and putting it in Standby mode
- Adjusting volume
- Switching channels
- Watching channels from an external device
- Access the Home menu
- Sleep timer
- Changing picture format
- TV screen information
Sleep timer can set the unit to go into Standby mode after an incremental period of time.
Press SLEEP repeatedly to change the amount of time (increases the time up to 240 minutes).
- Press SLEEP once to call up the display for checking the remaining time.
- To cancel sleep timer, press SLEEP until Off is displayed.
HDMI - Highest quality
Supports high-definition Digital signals and gives highest picture and sound quality. Video and Audio signals are combined in one cable. You must use HDMI for full high-definition video and to enable Philips EasyLink.
- Philips HDMI supports HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Contents Protection). HDCP is a form of Digital Rights Management that protects high definition content in Blu-ray discs or DVDs.
- The HDMI-ARC connector on the TV features HDMI-ARC functionality. This allows output of TV Audio to an HDMI-ARC-compliant device.
Plugging in the AC power cord
- Make sure that the AC power cord must be plugged to an AC outlet after all the necessary connections are made.
- Do not connect the AC power cord to a power supply outside the indicated voltage of this unit (AC 120V).
- Connecting the AC power cord to a power supply outside of this range may result in fire or electrical shocks.
- Note: Each time you plug in the AC power cord, no operations will be performed for a few seconds. This is not a malfunction.
Attaching the base
You must attach the base to the unit to have it as a table top unit. Be sure the front and rear of the base match the proper direction. For large screen TVs, at least 2 people are required for these steps.
- Make sure to use a table which can support the weight of this unit and is larger than this unit.
- Make sure the table is in a stable location.
- When attaching the base, ensure that all screws are tightly fastened. If the base is not properly attached, it could cause the unit to fall, resulting in injuries as well as damage to the unit.
- To remove the base from this unit, unscrew the Phillips head screws in step 2. Be careful not to drop the base when you remove it.
Installing the remote control batteries
- Slide the battery cover off the back of the remote control.
- Insert the 2 supplied batteries (AAA, 1.5V). Be sure the + and − ends of the batteries line up with the markings inside the case.
- Slide the cover back into position.
Positioning the TV
- Large screen TVs are heavy. Two people are required to carry and handle a large screen TV.
- Make sure to hold the upper and bottom frames of the unit firmly as illustrated.
- Install the unit in a horizontal and stable position.
- Do not install the unit in direct sunlight or in a place subject to dust or strong vibration.
- Depending on the environment, the temperature of this unit may increase slightly. This is not a malfunction.
- Avoid a place with drastic temperature changes.
- Do not place anything directly on top or bottom of the unit.
- Depending on your external devices, noise or disturbance of the picture and / or sound may be generated if the unit is placed too close to them. In this case, please ensure enough space between the external devices and the unit.
- Do not insert the AC power cord into the power socket outlet before all the connections are made.
- Ensure that you always have easy access to the AC power cord or plug to disconnect the TV from the power.
- Before you move the TV, disconnect attached cables to prevent damage to connectors.
- Be sure to unplug the AC power cord from the AC outlet before moving or carrying the unit.
See other models: 27PT6441/37 DVP3345VB/F7 65PFL4864/F7 CD4453Q/37 42PFL7403D/F7
Series: 5000 series
Also, These documents are for others Philips models: 39PFL5708/F7, 40PFL5708/F7, 47PFL5708/F7, 50PFL5708/F7