Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English)
User Manual Upright Freezer Haier HFZ-85A
Table of Contents
- For the User
- Important Safety Instructions
- Description of the Appliance
- Using Your Appliance
- Before Use
- Thermostat Controls
- To Start The Appliance
- The Freezer Compartment
- Freezing Fresh Food
- Frozen Food Storage
- Hints and Tips
- Normal Operating Sounds
- Food Storage
- Energy Saving Advice
- In the event of a Power Failure
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Internal Cleaning
- External Cleaning
- To Defrost the Freezer
- When the Appliance is Not in Use
Important Safety Instructions
- This appliance is heavy Care should be taken when moving it .
- It is dangerous to alter the specifications or attempt to modify this product in any way ,
- Ensure that the appliance does not stand on the electrical supply cable . If the supply cord is damaged , it must be replaced by a special cord available from your Local Service Centre ,
- Any electrical work required to install this appliance should be carried out by a qualified electrician or competent person .
- Whenever possible , the back of the appliance should be close to a wall but leaving the required distance for ventilation as stated in the installation instructions .
- The appliance should be left to stand for 2 hours after installation before itis turned on , in order to allow the refrigerant to settle .
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
Before any maintenance or cleaning work is carried out , DISCONNECT the appliance from the ELECTRICITY supply
Clean the inside and the baskets with warm water and bicarbonate of soda ( 5ml to 0.5 litre of water ) . Wipe clean and dry thoroughly .
Do not use detergents , abrasive powders , highly perfumed cleaning products, wax polishes or cleaning products containing bleach or alcohol .
Wash the outer cabinet with warm soapy water
Do NOT use abrasive products . There are sharp edges on the under side of the product so care should be taken when cleaning .
To Defrost the Freezer
- Wrap any food in layers of newspaper or blankets , if you do not have access to another freezer
- Switch the appliance off at the wall socket and remove the plug
- Open the freezer door
- Place a suitable container to collect the defrost water
- After defrosting , clean and dry the interior .
- Switch the appliance on and replace any frozen food .
- Defrosting can be sped up by putting bowls of hot ( not boiling ) water in the freezer and loosening the frost with a suitable ( ie . not sharp ) plastic scraper .
- If the temperature of frozen food is allowed to rise during defrosting , its storage life may be shortened .
No power to the appliance
- Check that there is power at the socket .
- Check that the fuse has not blown .
The temperature in the freezer section is too high
- Check that the ambient temperature is within the freezer's operating limits of 16 ° c to 32 ° C . Relocate the appliance if necessary
- Check that the thermostat is turned to the correct setting , relative to ambient conditions .
The freezer door will not open
- If the door has just been opened , you may need to wait a minute or two for the pressure , to equalise .
The compressor runs continuously
- Make sure that the thermostatis not set to " Max " See " Thermostat Control " on page 5 for details .
- Check that the door is closed properly and that the door seals are intact and clean .
- Large quantities of food have recently been placed in the freezer and / or the door is frequently opened .
- Check that sufficient ventilation is available . See " Ventilation Requirements " on page 11 for details .
Excessive frost and ice has built up
- Ensure the door is not left open
- Check that nothing is preventing the door from closing .
- Check that the door gasket ( seal ) is intact and clean .
- Defrost the freezer as described on page 8 ( " See To Defrost the Freezer " ) .
See other models: HRZ-241 HRF328W2 HBM450WH1 HBM450HSA1 HBM450SA1