Documents: Go to download!
- User Manual - (English)
- Installation Instructions - (English)
User Manual Dehumidifier hOmeLabs HME020031N
BEFORE FIRST USE
To prevent any internal damage, it is very important to keep refrigeration units (like this one) upright throughout their journey. Please leave it standing upright and outside the box for 24 HOURS before plugging it in.
(placed in the bucket of the dehumidifier)
- This unit may have been tilted or placed upside down during shipping. To ensure this device works properly, please ensure this unit is upright for at least 24 hours before initial use.
- This dehumidifier is designed to operate with a working environment between 41°F (5°C) and 90°F (32°C).
Casters (Installed at four points on the bottom of the dehumidifier)
- Do not force casters to move over carpet, or move the dehumidifier with water in the bucket. (The dehumidifier may tip over and spill water.)
NOTE: Some models do not come with casters.
- Auto Shut Off
- When the bucket is full and/or the humidity setting is reached, the dehumidifier will be shut off automatically.
- Wait 3 minutes before resuming operation
- To avoid any damage to the dehumidifier, the dehumidifier will not start operation following a complete cycle until after three (3) minutes. Operation will automatically start after three (3) minutes.
- Auto Defrost
- When frost builds up on the evaporator coils, the compressor will cycle off and the fan will continue to run until the frost disappears.
- If the dehumidifier shuts off unexpectedly due to power being cut, the dehumidifier will restart with the previous function setting automatically when the power resumes.
NOTE: All the illustrations in the manual are for explanation purpose only. Your dehumidifier may be slightly different. The actual shape shall prevail. The design and specifications are subject to change without prior notice for product improvement. Consult hOmeTM Customer Service at 1-800-898-3002 for details.
- The check filter feature is a reminder to clean the Air Filter for more efficient operation. The Filter light (clean filter light) will flash after 250 hours of operation. To reset after cleaning the filter, press the filter button and the light will go off.
- Press this button to turn the comfort function on/off. Under this mode, the humidity cannot be adjusted manually but will be preset to a recommended comfortable and healthy level based on the ambient temperature. The level will be controlled as per below table:
- Press to activate the Continuous dehumidifying operation.
- Control the fan speed. Press to select either High or Normal fan speed. Set the fan control to High for maximum moisture removal. When the humidity has been reduced and quiet operation is preferred, set the fan control to Normal.
LEFT / RIGHT buttons
NOTE: When the dehumidifier is first turned on, it will go on Continuous mode by default. This will disable use of the LEFT/RIGHT buttons. Make sure to turn off Continuous mode to regain function in these buttons.
Humidity Set Control buttons
- The humidity level can be set within a range of 35% RH (Relative Humidity) to 85%RH (Relative Humidity) in 5% increments.
- For drier air, press the button and set to a lower percent value (%).
- For damper air, press the button and set a higher percent value (%).
Timer Set Control buttons
- Press to initiate the auto start and auto stop feature, in conjunction with the and buttons.
- ON .....................Timer ON light
- OFF ...................Timer OFF light
- FULL ..................The water tank is full and should be emptied
- DEFROST .........The appliance is on Defrost mode
- Press to turn the dehumidifier on and off.
Press to initiate the Auto start and Auto stop feature, in conjunction with the and buttons.
- When the dehumidifier is on, first press the Timer button. The Timer Off indicator light will illuminate. It indicates the Auto Stop program is initiated. Press it again and the Time On indicator light will illuminate. It indicates the Auto Start is initiated.
- When the dehumidifier is off, first press the Timer button. The TIMER ON indicator light illuminates. It indicates the auto start program is initiated. Press it again and the Time Off indicator light illuminates. It indicates the Auto Stop is initiated.
- Press or hold the LEFT or RIGHT buttons to change the Auto time by 0.5 hour increments, up to 10 hours, then at 1 hour increments up to hours. The control will count down the time remaining until start.
- The selected time will register in 5 seconds and the system will automatically revert back to display the previous humidity setting.
- When the Auto start & Auto stop times are set, within the same program sequence, TIMER ON and OFF indicator lights illuminate identifying both ON and OFF times are now programmed.
- Turning the dehumidifier ON or OFF at any time or adjusting the timer setting to 0.0 will cancel the Auto Start/Stop function.
- When LED display window displays the code of P2, the Auto Start/Stop function will also be canceled.
- Shows the set % humidity level from 35% to 85% or auto start/stop time (0~24) while setting, then shows the actual accuracy) room % humidity level in a range of 30% RH (Relative Humidity) to 90%RH (Relative Humidity).
Note: When one of the above malfunctions occurs, turn off the dehumidifier, and check for any obstructions. Restart the dehumidifier, if the malfunction is still present, turn off the dehumidifier and unplug the power cord. Contact hOmeTM Customer Service at 1-800-898-3002 for repair and/or replacement.
REMOVING THE COLLECTED WATER
There are two ways to remove collected water:
1. Use the bucket
- When the bucket is full, remove the bucket and empty it.
2. Continuous draining
- Water can be automatically be emptied into a floor drain by attaching the dehumidifier to a water hose with a female threaded end. (NOTE: On some models, the female threaded end is not included)
Note: Do not use this operation when the outdoor temperature is equal to or less than 32°F (0°C), otherwise the water will freeze, causing the water hose to block up and the dehumidifier may be damaged.
- Make sure the connection is tight and there is no leaking.
- Lead the water hose to the floor drain or a suitable drainage facility, the drainage facility should be lower than the drain outlet of the dehumidifier.
- Be sure to run the water hose sloping downward to let the water flow out smoothly.
- When the continuous drain feature is not being used, remove the drain hose from the outlet.
Care & Cleaning
CARE AND CLEANING OF THE DEHUMIDIFIER
WARNING: Turn the dehumidifier off and remove the plug from the wall outlet before cleaning.
1. Clean the bucket
- Clean the bucket with water every two (2) weeks.
2. Clean the air filter
- Clean the filter with potable water at least once every 30 days.
3. Storing the dehumidifier
When not using the dehumidifier for long time periods
- After turning off the dehumidifier, wait one day before emptying the bucket.
- Clean the main dehumidifier, bucket and air filter.
- Wrap the cord and bundle it with the band.
- Cover the dehumidifier with a plastic bag.
- Store the dehumidifier upright in a dry, well-ventilated place.
Before calling hOme customer service, review this list. It may save you time and expense. This list includes the most common occurrences that are not the result of defective workmanship or materials in this dehumidifier.
Dehumidifier does not start
- Make sure the dehumidifier’s plug is inserted completely into the outlet.
- Check the house fuse/circuit breaker box.
- Dehumidifier has reached its preset level or bucket is full.
- Bucket is not in the proper position.
Dehumidifier does not dry the air as it should
- Did not allow enough time to remove the moisture.
- Make sure there are no curtains, blinds or furniture blocking the front or back of the dehumidifier.
- The humidity selector may not be set low enough.
- Check that all doors, windows and other openings are securely closed.
- Room temperature is too low, below 41°F (5°C).
- There is a kerosene heater or something giving off water vapor in the room.
The dehumidifier makes a loud noise when operating
- The air filter is clogged.
- The dehumidifier is tilted instead of upright as it should be.
- The floor surface is not level.
Frost appears on the coils
- This is normal. The dehumidifier has Auto defrost feature.
Water on floor
- Hose to connector or hose connection may be loose.
- Intend to use the bucket to collect water, but the back drain plug is removed.
Water does not drain from the hose
- Hoses more than 5 feet long may not drain properly. It is recommended to keep the hose as short as possible for proper draining. The hose must be placed lower than the bottom of the dehumidifier, and be kept flat and smooth without kinks.
- hOmeTM offers a limited two-year warranty (“warranty period”) on all of our products purchased new and unused from hOme Technologies, LLC or an authorized reseller, with an original proof of purchase and where a defect has arisen, wholly or substantially, as a result of faulty manufacture, parts or workmanship during the warranty period. The warranty does not apply where damage is caused by other factors, including without limitation: (a) normal wear and tear; (b) abuse, mishandling, accident, or failure to follow operating instructions; (c) exposure to liquid or infiltration of foreign particles; (d) servicing or modifications of the product other than by hOmeTM; (e) commercial or non-household use.
- The hOmeTM warranty covers all costs related to restoring the proven defective product through repair or replacement of any defective part and necessary labor so that it conforms to its original specifications. A replacement product may be provided instead of repairing a defective product. hOmeTM’s exclusive obligation under this warranty is limited to such repair or replacement.
- A receipt indicating the purchase date is required for any claim, so please keep all receipts in a safe place. We recommend that you register your product on our website, homelabs.com/reg. Although greatly appreciated, the product registration is not required to activate any warranty and product registration does not eliminate the need for the original proof of purchase.
- The warranty becomes void if attempts at repair are made by non-authorized third parties and/or if spare parts, other than those provided by hOmeTM, are used.
- You may also arrange for service after the warranty expires at an additional cost.
- These are our general terms for warranty service, but we always urge our customers to reach out to us with any issue, regardless of warranty terms. If you have an issue with a hOmeTM product, please contact us at 1-800-898-3002, and we will do our best to resolve it for you.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other legal rights which vary from state to state, country to country or province to province. The customer may assert any such rights at their sole discretion.
See other models: HME020031N HME020248N HME020003N HME010254N HME020234N