Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English)
- Spec Sheet English - (English)
- JBL Passive Speaker Warranty Card - (English)
- Product Information Sheet English - (English)
User manual Speaker for JBL STUDIO 530
Using the Supplied Spikes (Studio 590/Studio 580/Studio 570)
Four metal spikes are supplied for use when you place the speaker on a carpeted surface. Using the spikes decouples the speaker from the floor and prevents unwanted acoustic damping.
To insert the spikes:
- Gently lay the speaker on its side (not its front or back) on a soft, nonabrasive surface.
- Unscrew and remove the rubber bumpers from the speaker’s feet.
- Screw each spike into the threaded insert in each foot. Make sure all four spikes are screwed in completely for stability.
- Note: NEVER drag the speaker to move it, as this will damage the spikes, the feet and/or the speaker cabinet itself. Always lift the speaker and carry it to its new location.
- CAUTION: Make sure that all of the system’s electrical components are turned OFF (and preferably unplugged from their AC outlets) before making any connections.
- Speakers and amplifiers have corresponding positive and negative (“+” and “–”) connectors. All Studio 5 series speakers have connectors that are marked “+” and “–” on the terminal-cup assembly. Additionally, the “+” connectors have red markings, while the “–” connectors have black markings.
- To ensure proper polarity, connect each “+” connector on the back of the amplifier or receiver to the respective “+” (red) connector on each speaker. Connect the “–” connectors in a similar way. Do not reverse polarities (i.e., “+” to “–” or “–” to “+”) when making connections. Doing so will cause poor stereo imaging and diminished bass performance.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure the “+” and “–” wires or connectors do not touch each other or the other terminal. Touching wires can cause a short circuit that can damage your receiver or amplifier.
Caring for Your Speakers
- Wipe the cabinet with a clean, dry cloth to remove dust. Damp cloth may dull the cabinet’s finish. Do not use volatile liquids such as benzene, paint thinner or alcohol on the cabinet.
- Do not spray insecticide near the cabinet.
- To remove dust from the grille fabric, use a vacuum cleaner set to low suction.
- Never apply suction or pressurized air to the horn opening.
- Do not wash the grilles in water, as it may fade the color or make it uneven.
- If the surfaces of the woofer cones become dusty, you can carefully sweep them clean with a soft, dry calligraphy brush or paint brush. Do not use a damp cloth.
Using the Port Tube Inserts (All models except Studio 520C)
- If, due to speaker placement or your room's acoustics, you feel that the speakers produce a bit too much bass output for your taste, you can use the provided port tube inserts to slightly reduce the speakers' output in the 50Hz – 100Hz region.
- Insert the port tube insert about half way into the port tube opening as shown in the illustration. Be careful not to push the insert through the port tube and into the speaker cabinet.
Newest Added: STUDIO L830 4429 ARENA SUB 100P ES250P SUB140P
Series: 5 Series
Also, These documents are for others JBL models: STUDIO 590, STUDIO 580, STUDIO 570, STUDIO 520C
Tags: Jbl Studio 530, Jbl Series 5