Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English, French, German, Italian)
- Product Documentation - (English)
USER MANUAL Amplified Subwoofer Rockford Fosgate P300-10
- Design Features
- Additional Languages
- Limited Warranty Information
Before beginning any installation, follow these simple rules:
- Be sure to carefully read and understand the instructions before attempting to install the unit.
- For safety, disconnect the negative lead from the battery prior to beginning the installation.
- For easier assembly, we suggest you run all wires prior to mounting your unit in place.
- Route all of the RCA cables close together and away from any high current wires.
- Use high quality connectors for a reliable installation and to minimize signal or power loss.
- Think before you drill! Be careful not to cut or drill into gas tanks, fuel lines, brake or hydraulic lines, vacuum lines or electrical wiring when working on any vehicle.
- Never run wires underneath the vehicle. Running the wires inside the vehicle provides the best protection.
- Avoid running wires over or through sharp edges. Use rubber or plastic grommets to protect any wires routed through metal, especially the firewall.
- ALWAYS protect the battery and electrical system from damage with proper fusing. Install the appropriate fuse holder and fuse on the +12V power wire within 18” (45.7 cm) of the battery terminal.
- When grounding to the chassis of the vehicle, scrape all paint from the metal to ensure a good, clean ground connection. Grounding connections should be as short as possible and always be connected to metal that is welded to the main body, or chassis, of the vehicle. Seatbelt bolts should never be used for connecting to ground.
Wiring the System
- Plan the wire routing. Keep RCA cables close together but isolated from the amplifier’s power cables and any high power auto accessories, especially electric motors. This is done to prevent coupling the noise from radiated electrical fields into the audio signal. When feeding the wires through the firewall or any metal barrier, protect them with plastic or rubber grommets to prevent short circuits. Leave the wires long at this point to adjust for a precise fit at a later time.
- Prepare the RED wire (power cable) for attachment to the amplifier by stripping 1/2” of insulation from the end of the wire. Insert the bared wire into the B+ terminal of the power connector and tighten the set screw to secure the cable in place.
- Trim the RED wire (power cable) within 18” of the battery and splice in a inline fuse holder (not supplied). See Specifications for the rating of the fuse to be used. DO NOT install the fuse at this time.
- Strip 1/2” from the battery end of the power cable and crimp an appropriate size ring terminal to the cable. Use the ring terminal to connect to the battery positive terminal.
- Prepare the BLACK wire (Ground cable) for attachment to the amplifier by stripping 1/2” of insulation from the end of the wire. Insert the bare wire into the GROUND terminal of the power connector and tighten the set screw to secure the cable in place. Prepare the chassis ground by scraping any paint from the metal surface and thoroughly clean the area of all dirt and grease. Strip the other end of the wire and attach a ring connector. Fasten the cable to the chassis using a non-anodized screw and a star washer.
- Prepare the Remote turn-on wire for attachment to the amplifier by stripping 1/2” of insulation from the end of the wire. Insert the bared wire into the REMOTE terminal of the power connector and tighten the set screw to secure the wire in place. Connect the other end of the Remote wire to a switched 12 volt positive source. The switched voltage is usually taken from the source unit’s remote amp on lead. If the source unit does not have this output available, the recommended solution is to wire a mechanical switch in line with a 12 volt source to activate the amplifier.
- Connect the power connector to the mating connector at the amplifier.
- Connect from source signal by plugging the RCA cables into the RCA/ Speaker Harness input jacks, then insert the four pin Molex connector into the mating four pin INPUT connector at the amplifier
- Perform a final check of the completed system wiring to ensure that all connections are accurate. Check all power and ground connections for frayed wires and loose connections which could cause problems. Install inline fuse near battery connection.
- Turn amplifier gain to minimum (counter-clockwise).
- Turn the source unit volume up to 7/8 maximum (or when distortion is just inaudible).
- Slowly increase amplifier gain control until adequate volume is achieved.
Adjusting Crossover Frequency
- The crossover frequency can be adjusted between 50-200Hz.The crossover is set to LP (Low Pass) only.
- Turn the crossover adjustment knob all the way down.
- With the system playing, turn the crossover adjustment knob up slowly until the desired crossover point is achieved.
- Allows you to conveniently switch the output phase of the amplifier between 0° and 180°.
- This has the same effect as physically reversing the Positive (+) and Negative (-) speaker wires
- Set the Input Level switch to match the outputs of your source unit.(LO - RCA or HI - Speaker Level)
Auto Turn On
- Three different automatic turn-on modes can be selected; REM(+12V), DC Offset, and Audio.
- Remote: Set the switch to REM to use the remote turn-on lead from your source unit.
- DC Offset: Set the switch to DC Offset to detect a DC offset from the HILevel speaker outputs when the source unit has been turned on.
- Audio: Set the switch to Audio to detect the incoming audio signal from your source unit and automatically turn on your powered loaded enclosure.
NOTE: Using either the DC Offset or Audio mode causes the REM on the power connector to have +12V out for turning on additional amplifiers.
Newest Added: P300-12 P3-2X12 P1-2X12 P3SD4-12 PPS4-6
Also, These documents are for others Rockford Fosgate models: P300-12
Tags: Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer, Rockford Fosgate Speaker, Rockford Fosgate P Amplifier, Rockford Fosgate Model Four