• Switch off and unplug the machine before replacing the batteries.
• Do not install backwards or short circuit the batteries.
• Do not attempt to dismantle or charge the batteries. Keep away from fire.
• Follow battery manufacturers’ instructions when installing new batteries
(battery type CR 2032).
USING YOUR DYSON FAN
• To clean, wipe with a dry or damp cloth.
• Do not use detergents or polishes to clean the fan.
2 YEAR WARRANTY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE DYSON 2 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY.
WHAT IS COVERED
• The repair or replacement of the fan if it is found to be defective due to faulty
materials, workmanship or function within 2 years of purchase (if any part is no
longer available or out of manufacture, Dyson will replace it with a functional
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Dyson, Inc shall not be liable for costs of repair or replacement of a product
incurred as a result of:
• The repair to any fan that has had the serial number altered or removed.
• Normal wear and tear.
• Accidental damage, faults caused by negligent use or care, neglect, careless
operation or handling of the fan which is not in accordance with this manual.
• Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the rating plate.
• Blockages - please refer overleaf for details.
• Use of the fan outside the country of intended use.
• Fans not purchased from an authorized dealer.
• Use of parts and accessories other than those produced or recommended by
• Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or
• Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Dyson, Inc or its
• Failures caused by external sources such as weather outside of Dyson,
• Please fill out and return the Warranty Form.
• Before service can take place, the terms of the limited warranty require that
you contact the Dyson Helpline with your model name/number, serial number,
date and place of purchase. Please keep your purchase receipt in a safe place
to ensure you have this information, which you may be required to provide to
Dyson. The serial number is found on the fan’s rating plate, which is on the base
of the product.
• All work will be coordinated by Dyson, Inc or its authorized agents.
• Any replaced defective parts will become the property of Dyson, Inc.
• Service under this warranty will not extend the period of this warranty.
• If your fan is not functioning properly, please call the Dyson Helpline at
1-866-277-9896. Most issues can be rectified over the telephone by our trained
Customer Care staff.
WARRANTY LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
• Any implied warranties relating to your fan including but not limited to warranty
of merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to
the duration of this warranty. This limitation is not allowed by some States and
so this limitation may not apply to you.
• Your remedy for breach of this warranty is limited to the warranty service
described in ’what is covered’ above. Dyson, Inc will not be liable for any
consequential damages or incidental damages you may incur in connection with
your purchase and use of your fan. This limitation is not allowed by some States
and so this limitation may not apply to you.
• This product is intended for use in the United States.
• This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other
rights which vary by State.
• This limited warranty is not transferable.
PLEASE REGISTER AS A DYSON FAN OWNER
To help us ensure you receive prompt and efficient service, please register as a
Dyson fan owner.
There are three ways to do this:
• Online at www.dyson.com
• By calling the Dyson Helpline: 1-866-277-9896.
• By completing and returning the attached Warranty Form to us by mail.
This will confirm ownership of your Dyson fan in the event of an insurance loss,
and enable us to contact you if necessary.
DYSON CUSTOMER CARE
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO BUY A DYSON FAN
If you have a question about your Dyson fan, call the Dyson Helpline at
1-866-277-9896 with your serial number and details of where and when you
bought the fan. Your serial number can be found on the rating plate, which is on
the base of the product.
Most questions can be solved over the phone by one of our Dyson Helpline
experts. If your fan needs servicing, call the Dyson Helpline so we can discuss
the available options. If your fan is under warranty it will be repaired at no cost.
Call 1-866-277-9896 toll free, 7 days a week.
IMPORTANT DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION
Your details will be held by Dyson, Inc or others on behalf of Dyson, Inc so
that we can assist you more quickly in our Customer Service department. From
time to time, Dyson, Inc may send you special offers and news of our latest
innovations. Check the box on the Warranty Form within the Operating Manual
if you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional information from Dyson,
Inc. For more information about our data collection practices, please refer to the
Dyson products are made from high grade recyclable materials. Please dispose
of this product responsibly and recycle where possible. Batteries should be
removed from the product before it is disposed of. Dispose or recycle batteries
in accordance with local ordinances or regulations. California: This product
includes a separate remote control device with a coin cell battery. The coin cell
battery contains Perchlorates. Special handling may apply. See
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the
following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2)this
device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause
undesired operation of the device. Changes or modifications not expressly
approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority
to operate the equipment.
Product weight 7.33lbs/3.33kg.
Please note: Small details may vary from those shown.
USER SERVICING INSTRUCTIONS
Grasp plug and remove from the receptacle
or other outlet device. Do not unplug by
pulling on cord.
Slide open the fuse access cover on top
of the plug towards blades.
Remove fuse carefully. Risk of fire.
Replace fuse only with 5 Amp, 125 Volt fuse.
Close the fuse cover.
Slide closed the fuse access cover
on top of the attachment plug.
FLOORCARE RECHARGEABLE FANS
5/29/12 1:15 PM C48658_AM02_OPMAN_US_OPMAN_15_4c0s