IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS FAN
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the below:
THE FAN AND THE REMOTE CONTROL BOTH CONTAIN MAGNETS.
1. Pacemakers and defibrillators may be affected by strong magnetic fields. If you or someone in your household has a pacemaker
or defibrillator, avoid placing the remote control in a pocket or near to the device.
2. Credit cards and electronic storage media may also be affected by magnets and should be kept away from the remote control
and the top of the fan.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK OR INJURY:
1. This fan is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons with reduced physical, sensory or reasoning capabilities, or
lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction by a responsible person concerning use
of the appliance to ensure that they can use the appliance safely.
2. Young children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the fan.
3. The loop amplifier and base plate must be fitted securely before operating this fan. Do not use without the loop amplifier fitted.
4. Do not operate any fan with a damaged cord or plug. If the cord or plug is damaged, do not use the fan and contact the Dyson
Customer Care Helpline. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by Dyson, our service agent or similarly qualified
persons in order to avoid a hazard.
5. If the fan is not working as it should or has been damaged, do not use and contact the Dyson Helpline.
6. Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners or similar coverings. Do not route cord under
furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
7. Turn off all controls before unplugging. Unplug from outlet when not in use for extended periods. To avoid a tripping hazard,
safely coil the cord.
8. Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
9. Suitable for dry locations ONLY. Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces and do not expose to water or rain.
10. Do not handle plug or fan with wet hands.
11. Do not stretch the cord or place the cord under strain. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
12. Do not put any object into openings or the inlet grille. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair and
anything that may reduce airflow.
13. Do not use near furnaces, fireplaces, stoves or other high temperature heat sources.
14. Do not use in conjunction with or directly next to an air freshener or similar products.
15. Do not use any cleaning agents or lubricants on this fan. Unplug before servicing, cleaning or carrying out any maintenance.
16. Use only as described in this manual. Do not carry out any maintenance other than that shown in this manual, or advised by the
17. The use of an extension cord is not recommended.
18. Always carry the fan by the body, do not carry it by the loop amplifier.
19. This product employs overload protection (fuse). A blown fuse indicates an overload or short-circuit situation. If the fuse blows,
unplug the product from the outlet. Replace the fuse as per the user servicing instructions (follow product marking for proper fuse
rating) and check the product. If the replacement fuse blows, a short-circuit may be present and the product should be discarded
or returned to an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.
20. Choking hazard - This remote control unit contains a small battery. Keep the remote control away from children and do not
swallow the battery. If the battery is swallowed seek medical advice at once.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended
to fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a
qualified electrician to install a proper outlet. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
Do not pull on
Do not store near
Do not use near
Do not carry by the
5/29/12 1:15 PM C48658_AM02_OPMAN_US_OPMAN_15_4c0s