Documents: Go to download!
- Owner's manual - (English, Spanish)
- ASSEMBLY ARMADO
- IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Clearing blockages
- USING YOUR DYSON MACHINE
Table of contents
User Manual Fan
Do not allow the machine to twist at the blue tape. Allowing the machine to twist at the blue tape may result in accidental damage. Remove blue tape once the machine is assembled.
1 Align the arrows.Then twist clockwise until it clicks and locks.
2 Lower the loop amplifier onto the base, aligning the arrows.Once aligned, turn the loop amplifier clockwise to lock.
IMPORTANT! Remove clear film.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
BEFORE USING THIS MACHINE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND CAUTIONARY MARKINGS IN THIS MANUAL AND ON THE MACHINE
When using an electrical machine, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
THE FAN AND THE REMOTE CONTROL BOTH CONTAIN MAGNETS.
- Pacemakers and defibrillators may be affected by strong magnetic fields. If you or someone in your household has a pacemaker or defibrillator, avoid placing the remote control in a pocket or near to the device.
- Credit cards and electronic storage media may also be affected by magnets and should be kept away from the remote control and the top of the machine.
THESE WARNINGS APPLY TO THE MACHINE, AND ALSO WHERE APPLICABLE, TO ALL TOOLS, ACCESSORIES, CHARGERS OR MAINS ADAPTORS.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
- This Dyson machine is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or reasoning capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the machine by a person responsible for their safety.
- Ensure machine is fully assembled in line with the instructions before use. Do not dismantle the machine or use without the loop amplifier fitted.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the machine.
- Use only as described in this Dyson Operating Manual. Do not carry out any maintenance other than that shown in this manual, or advised by the Dyson Helpline.
- Suitable for dry location ONLY. Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces and do not expose to water or rain.
- Do not handle any part of the plug or machine with wet hands.
- Do not operate any machine with a damaged cord or plug. Discard the machine or return to an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair. If the supply cord is damaged it must be replaced by Dyson, its service agent or similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
- If the machine is not working as it should, has received a sharp blow, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, do not use and contact the Dyson Helpline.
- Do not stretch the cord or place the cord under strain. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners or similar coverings. Do not route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
- Do not unplug by pulling on the cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord. The use of an extension cord is not recommended.
- Do not put any object into openings or the inlet grill. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
- Do not use any cleaning agents or lubricants on this machine. Unplug before cleaning or carrying out any maintenance.
- Always carry the machine by the base, do not carry it by the loop amplifier.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging. Unplug from outlet when not in use for extended periods. To avoid a tripping hazard, safely coil the cord.
- Do not use near furnaces, fireplaces, stoves or other high temperature heat sources.
- Do not use in conjunction with or directly next to an air freshener or similar products. Keep essential oils and chemicals away from the appliance.
- This product employs overload protection (fuse). A blown fuse indicates an overload or shortcircuit situation. If the fuse blows, unplug the product from the outlet. Replace the fuse as per the user servicing instructions (follow product marking for proper fuse rating) and check the product. If the replacement fuse blows, a short-circuit may be present and the product should be discarded or returned to an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.
- Choking hazard – This remote control unit contains a small battery. Keep the remote control away from children and do not swallow the battery. If the battery is swallowed seek medical advice at once.
- Always place the machine on a firm, flat, level surface.
- Your filter unit is non-washable and non-recyclable.
- WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THIS DYSON MACHINE IS INTENDED FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this machine has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature and do not change the plug in any way.
To operate, point the remote control toward the front of the base.
Attach the remote control to the top of the machine with the buttons facing down.
Select a high flow of air
Select a low flow of air.
To set the sleep timer, select the desired time. When time reaches zero, the machine will go into standby mode. To cancel, reduce the time until two dashes appear.
To clean, wipe with a dry or damp cloth.
Do not use detergents or polishes to clean the machine.
Look for blockages in the air inlet holes. Use a soft brush to remove debris.
Look for blockages in the small aperture inside the loop amplifier. Use a soft brush to remove debris.
USER SERVICING INSTRUCTIONS
DO NOT REPLACE ATTACHMENT PLUG
Risk of fire. Do not replace attachment plug. Contains a safety device (fuse) that should not be removed. Discard product if the attachment plug is damaged
Grasp plug and remove from the receptacle or other outlet device. Do not unplug by pulling on cord.
Slide open the fuse access cover on top of the plug towards blades.
Remove fuse carefully.
Risk of fire.
Replace fuse only with 5 Amp, 125 Volt fuse
Close the fuse cover.
Slide closed the fuse access cover on top of the attachment plug.
USING YOUR DYSON MACHINE
PLEASE READ THE “IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS” IN THIS DYSON OPERATING MANUAL BEFORE PROCEEDING.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR DYSON MACHINE
- Do not carry out any maintenance or repair work other than that shown and described in this Dyson Operating Manual, or advised by the Dyson Helpline.
- Always disconnect the plug from the main outlet before inspecting for problems. If the machine will not operate, first check the main outlet has electricity supply and that the plug is properly inserted into the outlet.
- If the fuse needs replacing, please check ‘User servicing instructions’.
CONTROL WITHOUT REMOTE
- Press the standby button on the machine to turn ON/OFF.
- Press and hold the Standby button on the machine to adjust the airflow. Airflow will increase to a maximum before decreasing.
- The oscillation function and sleep timer cannot be operated without the remote control.
- Switch 'OFF' and unplug the machine before replacing the batteries.
- Unscrew the battery compartment on the remote control. Loosen the base and pull to remove the battery.
- Do not install backwards or short circuit the batteries.
- Do not attempt to dismantle or charge the batteries. Keep away from fire.
- Follow battery manufacturers' instructions when installing new batteries (battery type CR 2032).
- Limited functionality is available without the remote control (see 'Control without remote').
DYSON CUSTOMER CARE
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO BUY A DYSON MACHINE
If you have a question about your Dyson machine, call the Dyson Helpline with your serial number and details of where and when you bought the machine. Most questions can be solved over the phone by one of our Dyson Helpline staff. If your Dyson machine needs service, call the Dyson Helpline so we can discuss the available options. If your Dyson machine is under warranty, and it is a covered repair, it will be repaired at no cost. Your serial number can be found on your rating plate which is on the base of the machine.
PLEASE REGISTER AS A DYSON MACHINE OWNER
To help us ensure you receive prompt and efficient service, please register as a
Dyson machine owner. There are three ways to do this:
- Telephone the Dyson Helpline, 866-277-9896.
- Complete the enclosed Warranty Form and mail it to us.
This will confirm ownership of your Dyson machine in the event of an insurance loss, and enable us to contact you if necessary.
2 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE DYSON 2 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
WHAT IS COVERED
- Your Dyson machine is warranted against original defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase, when used for normal domestic purposes in accordance with the Dyson Operating Manual. Please retain your proof of purchase. If you do not have your proof of purchase, your warranty will start 90 days after the date of manufacture, according to Dyson’s records. This warranty provides, at no extra cost to you, all labor and parts necessary to ensure your machine is in proper operating condition during the warranty period. The replacement of any part of your machine under warranty will not extend the period of warranty. Any parts which are returned and replaced by Dyson will become the property of Dyson. Please call the Dyson Helpline at 866-277-9896 for more information.
- This warranty is only valid if the machine is used in the country in which it was sold.
- This limited warranty is subject to the following terms:
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Dyson shall not be liable for costs, damages or repairs incurred as a result of, due to, or from:
- Purchases of machines from unauthorized dealers.
- Careless operation or handling, misuse, abuse and/or lack of maintenance or use not in accordance with the Dyson Operating Manual.
- Use of the machine other than for normal domestic purposes within the United States, e.g. for commercial or rental purposes.
- Use of parts not in accordance with the Dyson Operating Manual.
- Use of parts and accessories other than those produced or recommended by Dyson.
- External sources such as weather, electrical outages or power surges.
- Repairs or alterations carried out by unauthorized parties or agents.
- Clearing blockages from your machine.
- Normal wear and tear (e.g. fuse etc.).
- Reduction in battery discharge time due to battery age or use (where applicable).
- Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the rating plate.
- Additionally, this limited warranty does not apply to any machine that has had the serial number altered or removed.
- If there is any doubt as to what is covered by the warranty, please contact Dyson.
WARRANTY LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- Any implied warranties relating to your machine including but not limited to warranty of merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of this warranty. This limitation is not allowed by some States and so this limitation may not apply to you.
- Your remedy for breach of this warranty is limited to the warranty service described below. Dyson will not be liable for any consequential damages or incidental damages you may incur in connection with your purchase and use of your machine. This limitation is not allowed by some States and so this limitation may not apply to you.
- This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary by State.
- This limited warranty is not transferable.
- Please fill out and return the Warranty Form, or register online at www.dyson.com
- Before service can take place, the terms of the warranty require that you contact the Dyson Helpline with your model name/number, serial number, date and place of purchase.
- Please keep your purchase receipt in a safe place to ensure you have this information.
- All work will be coordinated by Dyson or its authorized agents.
- Any replaced defective parts will become the property of Dyson.
- Service under this warranty will not extend the period of this warranty.
- If your fan is not functioning properly, please call the Dyson Helpline at 866-277-9896. Most issues can be rectified over the telephone by our trained Customer Care staff.
IMPORTANT DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION
- If you choose to opt-in to receive communications from us, your details will be held by Dyson or others on behalf of Dyson so that we can assist you more quickly with our Dyson Helpline. From time to time, Dyson may send you special offers and news of our latest innovations.
- Dyson products are made from high grade recyclable materials. Recycle where possible.
- The battery should be removed from the product before disposal.
- Dispose of or recycle the battery in accordance with local ordinances or regulations.
- California: This product includes a separate remote control device with a coin cell battery. The coin cell battery contains Perchlorates. Special handling may apply.
This equipment complies with part 18 of the FCC Rules.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
See other models: TP06 AM02 DC24 DC50 210759-04