Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English, French, Spanish, German, Italian)
Owner's Manual Element Readytm Speakers Rockford Fosgate M1-65B
Table of Content
- Installation Considerations
- Additional Languages
- Limited Warranty Information
- To prevent injury and damage to the unit, please read and follow the instructions in this manual.
- If you feel unsure about installing this system yourself, have it installed by a qualified Rockford Fosgate technician.
- Before installation, disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal to prevent damage to the unit, fire and/or possible injury.
COLOR OPTIXTM Wiring
COLOR OPTIXTM Wiring Precautions
- Do not connect to 24 Volt electrical systems
- We recommend only using the COLOR OPTIXTM wiring chart or connecting to the PMX-RGB. Connecting any other way could cause damge to the speakers or the device you have connected to.
- We recommend installing a fuse (not included) on the Yellow 12 Volt wire whenever you are NOT using the PMX- RGB. See COLOR OPTIXTM wiring chart for wiring options.
- Rockford recommends a minimum of 20 gauge wire when hardwiring your COLOR OPTIXTM speakers.
- Never wire the COLOR OPTIXTM lights directly to 12 volts. Utilize either the PMX-RGB or a toggle switch (not included) connected to a fused 12 volt power supply. Refer to the specifications to determine the size of fuse (not included) needed
- There are (2) different options for wiring your speakers.
- Use the included spade connectors (included) as seen in illustra- tion 3.1
- You can also utilize the DEUTSCHTM/Ampaenol connector (not included) input next to the COLOR OPTIXTM connector.
- If not using the PMX-RGB, follow the diagrams below for proper pin out and hardwiring instructions.
Before beginning any installation, follow these simple rules:
- Be sure to carefully read and understand the instructions before attempting to install these speakers.
- For easier assembly, we suggest you run all wires prior to mounting your speakers in place.
- Use high quality connectors for a reliable installation and to minimize signal or power loss.
- Think before you drill! Be careful not to cut or drill into gas tanks, fuel lines, brake or hydraulic lines, vacuum lines or electrical wiring when working on any vehicle. If installation in a boat, take care not to cut or drill through the main hull.
- Never run wires underneath the vehicle. Running the wires inside the vehicle or hull area provides the best protection.
- Avoid running wires over or through sharp edges. Use rubber or plastic grommets to protect any wires routed through metal, especially the firewall.
- Determine where the speakers will be mounted. Ensure an area large enough for the speaker to mount evenly. Be sure that the mounting location is deep enough for the speaker to fit; if mounting in a door, operate all functions (windows, locks, etc.) through their entire operating range to ensure there is no obstruction.
- Refer to the specification chart to determine the proper diameter hole to cut for your speaker model. Cutting and mounting templates can be found at www.rockfordfosgate. com.
- Mark the locations for the mounting screws. Drill the holes with the included 1/8” bit.
- Feed the speaker wires through the cutout and connect to the speaker terminals. Be sure to observe proper polarity when connecting the wires. The speaker’s positive terminal is indicated with a “+”.
- Fit the trim ring over the speaker and mount into place using the four (4) screws that are provided.
- Tighten the screws until the speaker is snug in place to prevent rattling. Do not over tighten the screws.
Newest Added: M2-65B M2-8 M2-8HB M2-65 M1-16
Also, These documents are for others Rockford Fosgate models: M1-6, M1-6B, M1-65, M1-8, M1-8B
Tags: Rockford Fosgate Subwoofe, Rockford Fosgate Speaker