Documents: Go to download!
- Owner's manual - (English)
- Getting To Know Your Ninja Coffee Bar®
- Control Panel
- Features of the Ninja Coffee Bar®
- Before First Use
- Preparing and using the Ninja Coffee Bar®
- Care & Maintenance
- Troubleshooting Guide
Table of contents
Getting To Know Your Ninja Coffee Bar®
a Flip-Top Water Reservoir Lid
b Removable Water Reservoir
d Control Panel
e Permanent Filter
f Swinging Brew Basket
g Removable Filter Carrier
h Multi-Serve Cup Platform
i Double-Sided Scoop: Big Scoop and Small Scoop
j Shower Head
k Water Tank Shelf
l Drip Stop Toggle
m Power Cord & Wrap (not shown)
1. Multi-Serve Dial
b XL Cup
c Travel Mug
d XL Multi-Serve
2. Custom Brew Types
a Classic Brew Button
b Rich Brew Button
c Over Ice Brew Button
3. Ninja Signature Brew Types
a Specialty Brew Button
b Cafe Forte Brew Button
4. Drip Stop Indicator
5. Intelligent Clean Cycle Indicator/Button
6. Power Save Button
Features of the Ninja Coffee Bar®
- Thermal Flavor Extraction® Technology - Blends Precision Water Delivery with automated controls for Calibrated Temperature, Pre-infusion, Coffee Saturation, and Flavor Richness. Ninja’s Thermal Flavor Extraction technology can truly unlock the full flavor potential of your coffee.
- Custom Brews – Ability to brew directly into your favorite cup or travel mug.
- Brew Types – control the strength and style of your coffee:
a. Classic Brew for smooth, balanced flavor from your favorite coffee.
b. Rich Brew for a richer, never-bitter coffee flavor that stands up to milk, cream, or flavoring.
c. Over Ice Brew for a smooth, rich, freshly brewed iced coffee that’s not watered down.
d. Specialty Brew to create a super-rich concentrate to use as a key ingredient in all kinds of hot milk-based, iced, and frozen coffeehouse-style drinks.
e. Cafe Forte for deep, full-bodied, and complex flavor that is so rich and drinkable, it tastes great black—no milk or sweeteners needed.
- Multi-Serve Cup Platform – Pull it down, place your favorite cup on it and brew directly into it.
- Removable Water Reservoir with Easy Access Flip-Top Lid – For quick and easy filling.
- Auto-iQTM – The Ninja Coffee Bar® knows how much water to use for each size and brew type.
- Clean Function – It illuminates when your Ninja Coffee Bar® senses that there is hard water calcium buildup in your brewer which can affect the flavor of your coffee. When it illuminates, follow the cleaning instructions in the Care & Maintenance section or printed on the back of your brewer.
- Audible Ready Signal – Alerts you that your coffee is ready.
- Permanent Filter - The permanent filter is a reusable filter that preserves the natural coffee oils and small coffee particles to provide a robust flavor, similar to what you would experience when using a French press.
- Pre-Heat - After plugging in or turning your brewer on from Power Save mode, allow 3 minutes for your brewer to pre- heat. When plugged in, your Ninja Coffee Bar will stay ready in pre-warmed mode unless you put the brewer into power save mode.
- Drip Stop - Stops the flow of coffee from the brew basket, allowing you to pour a cup mid-brew; switch toggle to the closed position to prevent dripping once the brew cycle is finished.
Before First Use
- Remove all packaging material, stickers and labels from the brewer.
- Wash the water reservoir, permanent filter, and brew basket in warm, soapy water with a soft cloth.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Before first use, prime the system by running two travel mug cycles with water only. After each cycle is complete, discard the brew.
1. Place the brewer on a dry, clean and level surface.
2. To easily fill the water reservoir, use the hand grips to lift it straight up off the brewer. (Fig. 1) The water reservoir lid flips open, and the entire lid is easily removable for quick cleaning. Add fresh, filtered water at or above the minimum fill line for your desired beverage size (Fig. 2), then return the water reservoir to the brewer and lock into place. (Fig. 3) Do not fill water reservoir with any other liquids such as brewed coffee, carbonated beverages, etc. as other liquids may damage your brewer.
3. Slide brew basket out (Fig. 4) and lift both the permanent filter and permanent filter carrier from the brew basket to remove. (Fig. 5) To reinsert, set the permanent filter and permanent filter carrier back into the brew basket. (Fig. 6)
4. Once the filter is in place, slide the brew basket all the way in until you hear a slight click.
6. Place your travel mug on the base of the brewer underneath the brew basket.
NOTE: Do not use any coffee for the first two brew cycles in order to clean the brewer.
7. Plug the brewer into an electrical outlet.
8. Once all parts are securely in place, press the CLEAN button to thoroughly clean the machine before first use.
9. Discard the water in the travel mug and repeat, beginning from step 2, with one more Clean Cycle of water before first use.
Preparing and using the Ninja Coffee Bar®
HOW MUCH COFFEE DO YOU GET IN YOUR CUP?
CAUTION: Please ensure that you are using at least a 12 oz. cup for the cup size, 14 oz. cup for the XL Cup size, 16 oz. travel mug for the travel mug size and 20 oz. travel mug for the XL Multi-Serve size to prevent overflow and a scalding injury.
Each size and brew type produces a different amount of coffee to optimize strength, taste, and size.
NOTE: The coffee grounds will absorb some of the water that is brewed, resulting in slightly less brewed coffee than water used.