Documents: Go to donwload!
- User Manual - (English)
- Specifications Sheet - (English)
- Energy Saving Tips
- Product description
- Control panel
- Product functions
- Alarm signals
- Use informations
- Storage of fresh food
- Care and maintenance
Table of contents
Remove the package parts and the adhesive tape fixing accessories. The appliance should be placed on a flat and solid surface.
Make sure the distance to the wall on the hinge side is at least 50 mm for the door to open properly. Do not install the appliance near other heat-emitting appliances (ovens, refrigerators) without isolation.
The appliance is heavy. Always handle with at least two persons.
The room temperature should always be between 10° C and 43° C, since it can influence the appliance and its energy consumption.
This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as
- staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
- farm houses and by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- bed and breakfast type environments;
- catering and similar non-retail applications.
Before the appliance is permanently installed, check the correct position of the door hinge. If necessary see section the "Door reversibility".
Required space when door is opened:
Appliance width : 100 cm Appliance depth : 118 cm
If the product is not in a corner, the clearance should be 25mm behind,10mm either side, 50mm above.
1. Tilt the refrigerator slightly backwards.
2. Set the feet to the desired level.
Aligning the appliance
The stability can be checked by alternately bumping on the diagonals. The slightly swaying should be the same in both directions. Otherwise the frame can warp; possible leaking door seals are the result. Possibly the doors are not parallel and the doors may not close fully resulting in ice forming near the door seals.
Energy Saving Tips
NOTE Allow warm food to cool down before placing it in the appliance.
- Clean the rear of the appliance regularly. Dust increases energy consumption.
- Do not set temperature colder than necessary. The recommended temperature for the fridge compartment is between 3 to 5° C.
- Ensure sufficient air exhaust at the appliance base and at the back wall of the appliance.
- Allow clearance to the right, left, back and top when installing. This will help reduce power consumption and keep your energy bills lower.
- Do not install the appliance in direct sunlight or near a heat source (e.g. radiators, cookers or refrigerators). If necessary, put an insulating plate in between.
- Keep the door seals clean, so that the doors can always close properly.
- Do not overfill the compartments in order to have a sufficient flow of cooling air.
- Programs with “Super- Cooling”-function consume more energy.
- Defreeze frozen food in the fridge storage compartment. This way, you can use the frozen food to decrease the temperature in the compartment and save energy.
(following diagram changes depending by models)
- fruit and vegetable box
- chiller (only available for model HRF368W2)
- shelf with folding bottle rack
- folding shelf
- bottle balcony
HRF328*2 - 190kWh/year, total gross volume 328L, total storage volume 327L; HRF368*2 - 200kWh/year, total gross volume 368L, total storage volume 355L.
- Digital display of temperature
- Holiday function icon
- Alarm indicator icon
- Super Cooling icon
- Child lock icon
- Touch key for temperature setting
- Touch key for function selection(holiday/super cooling/alarm/child lock)
- OK button/Power button
The buttons on the control panel are sensor keys, which already respond when lightly touching with the finger.
The display screen turns off automatically 30 seconds after pressing a key. It lights up automatically when pressing any key or opening the door. (Alarm does not light up the display screen). This saves energy.
- Clean the inside and outside of the appliance with water and a mild detergent before putting any food in it
- After the appliance has been levelled and cleaned, wait for at least 6 hours before connecting it to the power supply. Make sure the socket meets the requirements and connect it to an earthed socket outlet.
- Push the key C for 5 sec. to switch on the appliance. The dedicate green light and the digit display will switch on too, indicating that the product is ON. The icon for the alarm indicator (c) will light and the digit display will show “H” due to high temperature inside. For the same reason the buzzer will beep: you can silence it pressing key B and afterwards key C . When temperature will decrease, the display will show the actual temperature inside. The ex-factory setting temperature is “05”. If desired, you can change these temperatures manually. Please see section ‘Temperature setting and display visualization”.
- Press key C for 5 sec. to switch off the product.
- Load the appliance with food after it has been running for a while and the inside is cool enough.
Temperature setting and display visualization
To set temperature push the key A. During temperature setting two numbers on display show the point set in flashing mode. Additional pressing on this key modify the set-point in cycling and decreasing mode from 08 to 02: it means that set-up 02 is the coldest possible one, while set-up 08 is the warmest one. If any action is done on the set point push key within 5 sec, or press key C, the set point is stored and the two numbers on display will indicate the set-up.
5 ° C is the optimum temperature in the cooling area.
Refer to Section 9 Control Panel for location of the Keys referred to in the text below.
Switch on the Super cooling function if larger quantity of food should be stored (for example after the purchase) or if you want to cool drinks quickly. The Super cooling function accelerates the cooling of fresh food and protects the goods already stored from undesirable warming. The factory setting temperature is + 2 ° C.
For activating the Super Cooling function,press key B repeatedly until Super cooling function icon d illuminates.,Press ,key C to confirm. You can deactivate the super cooling function pressing once again the key B and the green light d on, then press key C to switch off, otherwise the function will disengage automatically when the temperature in the appliance achieves the one set for switch off. When the temperature in the appliance storage compartment is too low, the super-cooling function may not work. That means the temperature in the appliance storage compartment is too low and the super-cooling function doesn't need to be activated.
This function sets the refrigerator temperature permanently to 17°C. So you have the possibility to let the empty appliance closed without causing a smell or mold during a long absence (E.g. holiday).
Caution! While the holiday function is used no goods may be stored. The temperature from + 17 0 C is too warm for food.
For activating the Holiday function ,press key B repeatedly until Holiday function icon b illuminates Press key C to confirm.. You can deactivate the Holiday function pressing once again the key B, the green light b on and then press key C to confirm..
Please note that Holiday function can’t be activated when Super Cooling function is ON, and it can be deactivated activating Super Cooling function.
For activating the Child Lock function .press key B repeatedly 3 times until Child Lock icon e blinks , then press key C to switch on. Press again key B, Child Lock icon e blink, press key C to deactivate this function.
This function is useful to prevent accidental keys touching or to avoid that children touch keys.
Note: all the operations on the control panel are based on the status of “Child Lock” off.
Turning the appliance off/on
The appliance is in operation as soon as it is connected to the power supply.
Note: Empty the refrigerator before operating any of these functions.
To switch off the appliance, press key C for 5 seconds. The buzzer will beep and the appliance is switched off. Repeat this process to switch the appliance on again.
Note: This is not equivalent to turning off the power.
DOOR ALARM: if you leave door open over 60 seconds, the anomalous condition will be notified by intermittent buzzer. The alarm condition will stop closing the door or manually by pressing key B to select alarm function c and press key C, but in this second case alarm condition will restart after 30 seconds if door is still open.
If the door is left open for more than 7 minutes, the internal light and control panel illumination will automatically switch off.
FAULTY ALARM: code E1 on display together with alarm led c flashing will indicate a faulty condition of appliance, but there is no danger for temporary food preservation.
In the meantime you must call after sales service as soon as possible.
Adjusting shelf height
- The shelves can be moved to different positions to accommodate different sizes of food, bottles and containers within the compartment.
- To move a shelf from its position, first uplift its rear edge and then pull it out. To replace it into position, push it until the end of the run and until the rear edge fall down in the special housing on the back side.
- Ensure that all ends of a shelf are level.
Use of the foldaway shelf
The front of the foldaway shelf can slide in backwards.This allows the storing of larger items on the shelf below.
Beside the foldaway shelf in opened position, useful when you need to store lower food containers.
Push towards the indicated direction to fold the shelf.
When the foldaway shelf in closed position, useful when you need to store higher food containers.
Pull the bottom shelf towards the indicated direction to re-open the shelf.
Use of the wire wine holder
Pull both parts of the racks downwards the bottom to open bottle holder: pull until the racks lock in position.
The wire wine holder can hold upto a maxim,um of 5 bottles.
To close the wine rack push both racks upwards to close bottle holder.
- Make sure to keep the two ends of a shelf on the same level. Otherwise it may fall or the bottles may fall and break.
- Make sure the total weight of the bottles does not exceed 10 kg.
Fruit and vegetable box
It is suggested to store fruits and vegetables in the crisper drawer, where you can adjust the humidity according to the properties of the foods. Moving the humidity control key right enables the crisper to keep in a higher humidity suitable for cucumbers, salad, tomatoes, carrots, strawberries, beans, mushrooms, etc. Moving the humidity control key left enables the crisper to keep in a lower humidity suitable for, citrus fruits, blueberries, gooseberry, watermelon, plums, etc.
Note: The humidity in the vegetable box depends on the amount of stored food. A high humidity can lead to water drops and rot.
Chiller ( only available for model HRF368W2)
The temperature in this box is kept approximately around 0°C; it may be slightly changed due to the different ambient temperature or appliance working style. Humidity can be adjusted according to food properties. Low temperature and low humidity are the right conditions to keep sensitive food like meat’s and fish’s fresh or cooked meals for one to two days.
Cold sensitive fruits like pineapple, avocado, banana, grapefruits and vegetable like potatoes, aubergine, beans, cucumbers, zucchini and tomatoes as well as hard cheese should not be stored in the 0°C-compartment. Move humidity control left to keep humidity lower when you store fish and meat, move it right to increase humidity when you store fruits and vegetables. Also adjust humidity according to bigger or smaller quantities of foods stored in the drawer.
Recommended storage for various food
As cold air circulates inside the appliance, there is temperature difference inside the fridge storage compartment. Different foods should be placed in different areas according to their properties.
- Eggs, butter, cheese and etc.
- Drinks, canned food and etc.
- Beverages, canned food, cake, etc.
- Wine, champagne, etc.
- Milk, cheese, etc.
- Meat and fish in dry condition, fruits and vegetables in wet condition.
- Fruit, vegetables, salad, etc.
Storage of fresh food
- Store fresh and undamaged foods, their quality and freshness will be kept longer.
- Check the best-before date of ready-made foods and drinks stored in your appliance. Remove expired foods from your appliance, don’t let foods decaying inside of it, preventing mold, smell, bacteria.
- Preserve aroma, colour and freshness, pack or cover food carefully before placing in the appliance.
- Hot foods must be cooled to room temperature before storing in the appliance.
- Clean the food and dry any droplets on it before placing in the appliance. Food to be stored should be properly sealed. This will prevent moisture in the food from evaporating and prevent them from spoiling.
- Food to be stored should be sorted according to their category. Food consumed daily should be placed on the front part of the shelves. This can avoid unnecessary delays in door opening as well as expiration of the storage period because you forgot to eat it.
- Do not store excessive quantities of food. Leave spaces between foods to allow cold air flowing around them, for a better and more homogeneous cooling.
- Leave a gap between foods and the inner walls, allowing air flowing. In special way don’t store foods against the rear wall: foods could freeze against rear wall.
- Avoid contact of foods containing oils with inner walls, to prevent surfaces erosion. In such a case, clean oily dirt.
- For vegetables such as turnip radish, please cut-off leaves before storage to prevent that their nutritional content is absorbed by their leaves.
- Some vegetables, for example, onion, garlic, ginger, water chestnut, and other rhizomatic foods, can be stored for long periods at normal temperature, with no need to be stored in the appliance.
- The metabolism of vegetable marrow, melons, pawpaw, banana, pineapple can be quickened in the appliance, so it is not suitable to store them in the appliance.
- Storing green fruits in the appliance for certain periods can promote its maturing.
Care and maintenance
Clean the appliance when only little or no food is stored.
The appliance should be cleaned every four weeks for good maintenance and to prevent bad stored food odors.
Periodically clean the condenser at the rear of the appliance vacuum cleaner or brush.
Periodically clean the inside of the compartment with a sponge dampened in warm water and neutral detergent. Rinse and dry with soft cloth.
Do not clean any of the parts of the appliance in a dishwasher.
Always keep the door gasket clean.
Non-use for a longer period
If the appliance will not be used for an extended period and it is not sufficient to use the Holiday function, please unplug the power cord and clean it with the method described above. Keep the appliance door opened to prevent any food r emaining in the compartment from producing bad odors.
Defrosting the appliance
The appliance defrosts automatically, no manual defrost is needed.
The models are equipped of maintenance-free LED light. In case of trouble these lights must be repaired by customer service (see warranty card) or authorized technicians only.
Parameters of the LED light: max 0.5W(x6).
MOVING THE APPLIANCE