Documents: Go to download!
- User Manual - (English)
- User Guide - (Spanish)
- Information Sheet - (English)
- Quick Start Guide - (English)
- Quick Start Guide - (Spanish)
User manual AV Receiver
Part names and functions
For details, see the next page.
Power operation button ()
Used to turn the power of the MAIN ZONE (room where this unit is located) on/off (standby). (p. 91)
This is lit as follows according to the power status:
White: Power on
Off: Normal standby
- When “HDMI Pass Through” is set to “On” (p. 200)
- When “HDMI Control” is set to “On” (p. 202)
- When “Network Control” is set to “Always On” (p. 256)
SOURCE SELECT knob
This selects the input source. (p. 91)
Remote control sensor
This receives signals from the remote control unit. (p. 9)
This displays various pieces of information. (p. 22)
MASTER VOLUME knob
This adjusts the volume level. (p. 92)
When you are using buttons and/or connectors behind the door, press the bottom of the door to open it. Be careful not to catch your fingers when closing the door.
With the door open
ZONE2 ON/OFF button
This turns the power of ZONE2 (another room) on/off. (p. 175)
ZONE2 SOURCE button
This selects the input source for ZONE2. (p. 175)
ZONE3 ON/OFF button
This turns the power of ZONE3 (another room) on/off. (p. 175)
ZONE3 SOURCE button
This selects the input source for ZONE3. (p. 175)
Each press of this switches the status information that is shown on the display.
Information button (INFO)
This displays the status information on the TV screen. (p. 272)
Cursor buttons ()
These select items.
This displays the option menu on the TV screen.
Each press of this switches the brightness of the display. (p. 267)
QUICK SELECT buttons
With a single press of any of these buttons, you can call up various settings you’ve registered to each button such as the input source, volume level and sound mode settings. (p. 161)
This is used to connect HDMI output compatible devices such as video camcorders and game consoles. (p. 80)
USB port (T)
This is used to connect USB storages (such as USB memory devices). (p. 82)
This returns to the previous screen.
This determines the selection.
This displays the menu on the TV screen. (p. 181)
SETUP MIC jack
This is used to connect the supplied Sound calibration microphone. (p. 222)
Headphones jack (PHONES)
This is used to connect headphones.
When the headphones are plugged into this jack, audio will no longer be output from the connected speakers or from the PRE OUT connectors.
NOTE To prevent hearing loss, do not raise the volume level excessively when using headphones.
Input signal indicators
These light according to the audio input mode settings of each input source. (p. 216)
These light when Dolby or DTS signals are input or when the Dolby or DTS decoder is running.
This lights when “MultEQ® XT32”, “Dynamic EQ”, “Dynamic Volume” or “Audyssey LFCTM” has been set up. (p. 193)
Tuner reception mode indicators
These light up according to the reception conditions when the input source is set to “Tuner”.
TUNED: Lights up when the broadcast is properly tuned in.
STEREO: Lights up when receiving FM stereo broadcasts.
Monitor output indicator
These light according to the HDMI monitor output setting. When set to “Auto(Dual)”, the indicators light according to connection status.
MULTI ZONE indicator
This lights up when ZONE2 or ZONE3 (another room) power is turned on. (p. 175)
Sleep timer indicator
This lights when the sleep mode is selected. (p. 159)
This blinks while the sound is muted. (p. 92)
The input source name, sound mode, setting values and other information are displayed here.
Front speaker indicator
This lights according to the setting of the front A and B speakers.
Input/output signal channel indicators
The channel for input/output signals is displayed according to the setting configured for “Channel Indicators”. (p. 268)
- When “Channel Indicators” is set to “Output” (Default) These light when audio signals are being output from the speakers.
- When “Channel Indicators” is set to “Input” These light corresponding to the channels that include the input signals.
When playing HD Audio sources, the indicator lights when a signal from an extension channel (a channel other than the front, center, surround, surround back, front height, front wide or LFE channel) is input.
For details, see the next page.
Bluetooth/wireless LAN antenna connectors
Used to connect the included external antennas for Bluetooth/wireless connectivity when connecting to a network via wireless LAN, or when connecting to a handheld device via Bluetooth. (v p. 86)
- Place the external antennas for Bluetooth/wireless connectivity evenly over the screw terminal of rear.
- Turn clockwise until the antennas is fully connected.
- Rotate the antenna upwards for best reception.
TRIGGER OUT jacks
Used to connect devices equipped with the trigger function. (p. 88)
Digital audio connectors (DIGITAL AUDIO)
Used to connect devices equipped with digital audio connectors.
- Connection 2: TV equipped with an HDMI connector and incompatible with the ARC (Audio Return Channel) / eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)” (p. 74)
- Connection 3: TV equipped without an HDMI connector” (p. 75)
- Connecting a set-top box (Satellite tuner/cable TV)” (p. 77)
- Connecting a DVD player or Blu-ray Disc player” (p. 78)
Used to connect home automation controller devices fitted with RS-232C connectors. Consult the owner’s manual of the home automation controller for more information about serial control of this unit.
Perform the operation below beforehand.
- Turn on the power of this unit.
- Turn off the power of this unit from the external controller.
- Check that the unit is in the standby mode.