Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English, French)
- Warranty Guide - (English)
- CA Prop 65 - (English)
INSTRUCTION manual for CRAFTSMAN CMXGBAM1054545
Table of Contents
- Safe Operation Practices
- Service &Maintenance
- Off-Season Storage
- Warranty Statement
Before Starting Engine
WARNING Read, understand, and follow all instructions and warnings on the machine and in this manual before operating.
The unit was shipped with oil in the engine. Check oil level before each operation to ensure adequate oil in the engine.
NOTE: Be sure to check the engine on a level surface with the engine stopped.
1. Remove the oil filler cap/dipstick and wipe the dipstick clean.
2. Insert the cap/dipstick into the oil filler neck, but do NOT screw it in.
3. Remove the oil filler cap/dipstick. If the level is low, slowly add oil (5W-30, with a minimum classification of SF/SG) until oil level registers between high (H) and low (L).
NOTE: Do not overfill. Overfilling with oil may result in engine smoking, hard starting or spark plug fouling.
4. Replace and tighten cap/dipstick firmly before starting engine.
Use automotive gasoline (unleaded or low leaded to minimize combustion chamber deposits) with a minimum of 87 octane. Gasoline with up to 10% ethanol or 15% MTBE (Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether) can be used. Never use an oil/gasoline mixture or dirty gasoline. Avoid getting dirt, dust, or water in the fuel tank. DO NOT use E85 gasoline.
• Refuel in a well-ventilated area with the engine stopped. Do not smoke or allow flames or sparks in the area where the engine is refueled or where gasoline is stored.
• Do not overfill the fuel tank. After refueling, make sure the tank cap is closed properly and securely.
• Be careful not to spill fuel when refueling. Spilled fuel or fuel vapor may ignite. If any fuel is spilled, make sure the area is dry before starting the engine.
• Avoid repeated or prolonged contact with skin or breathing of vapor.
WARNING Use extreme care when handling gasoline. Gasoline is extremely flammable and the vapors are explosive. Never fuel the machine indoors or while the engine is hot or running. Extinguish cigarettes, cigars, pipes and other sources of ignition.
- 1. Clean around fuel fill before removing cap to fuel.
- 2. Fill tank until fuel reaches 1⁄2 inch below the bottom of the filler neck to allow space for fuel expansion. Be careful not to overfill.
Starting The Engine
WARNING Always keep hands and feet clear of moving parts. Do not use a pressurized starting fluid. Vapors are flammable.
NOTE: Allow the engine to warm up for a few minutes after starting. The engine will not develop full power until it reaches operating temperatures.
1. Make certain both the auger control and drive control are in the disengaged (released) position.
2. Insert key into slot. Make sure it snaps into place. Do not attempt to turn the key.
NOTE: The engine cannot start without the key fully inserted into the ignition switch.
Newest Added: CMXGBAM1054540 CMXGBAM1054539 CMXEVBE17250 CMXEVBE17590 CMXEVBE17607
Tags: Craftsman Tools - Home Improvement Use Manual, Craftsman 3300i Generator, Craftsman Model T3 10 Tight Turn Lawn Mower, Craftsman 140 Cc, Craftsman 17590, Craftsman Z530, Craftsman 140cc Lawn Mower Manual