Documents: Go to download!
- Owner's manual - (English, French, Spanish)
User manual Indoor Grill
Parts and Features
BEFORE FIRST USE: Wipe the bottom and top cooking plates with a soapy, damp cloth. Rinse cloth; then wipe plates again and dry
- Your grill features two indicator lights.
- Red indicates that power is on. Green indicates that the unit is preheated and ready to use.
How to Grill
CAUTION - Burn Hazard. Always use an oven mitt to protect hand when opening a hot grill. Escaping steam can burn.
- Slide the drip tray into place under front of grill.
- Plug into wall outlet. The red light will glow.
- Preheat with cover closed. Once the grill has reached the proper temperature, the green light will come on.
- When preheated, place food to be cooked onto cooking plates. Only use wooden or plastic cooking utensils to prolong the life of the nonstick coating.
- Lower grill cover.
- Lift cover and check food. If additional cooking time is needed, lower cover.
- When finished grilling, unplug.
Preheat with cover closed. Once the grill has reached the proper temperature, the green light will come on. The following times are guidelines. Always cook with the cover closed.
Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information on safe internal cooking temperatures.
- Use plastic utensils on the nonstick cooking plate. Do not use metal utensils since they will damage the nonstick surface.
- Use cooking spray for convenient, stick-free cooking. Or if you prefer, brush cooking plates with vegetable oil before preheating.
- Always preheat before using.
- Thicker sandwiches may shift when the lid is closed. Use a plastic spatula to reposition. There is no need to press down on the handle. The weight of the cover will grill the top of the sandwich.
- Cleanup is easy! Let the grill cool down; then wipe cooking plates with damp paper towel.
IF YOU LIVE IN A HIGH-ALTITUDE AREA: The Extension service will have detailed information about cooking for your area. To locate the Cooperative Extension service in your county, please visit: csrees.usda.gov/Extension/.
Care and Cleaning
WARNING - Electrical Shock Hazard. Disconnect power before cleaning. Do not immerse cord, plug, or base in water or any liquid.
- Unplug and allow to cool.
- Wipe cooking plates with a paper towel to remove drippings.
- Remove drip tray; wash in dishwasher or hot, soapy water.
- Use a damp sponge with a small amount of dishwashing detergent to wipe cooking surfaces. See illustration. Rinse sponge and wipe surfaces clean. Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe surfaces again and dry.
NOTICE: Do not use steel wool, scouring pads, or abrasive cleansers on any part of the unit. Never use sharp or pointed objects for cleaning.
- DO NOT use the “SANI” setting when washing in the dishwasher. “SANI” cycle temperatures could damage your product.
- Wipe outside of unit with a damp, soapy cloth. Then wipe with a damp cloth and dry.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are closely supervised and instructed concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not immerse appliance, cord, or plug in water or other liquid.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged supply cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Supply cord replacement and repairs must be conducted by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. Call the provided customer service number for information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
- Do not use outdoors.
- The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the appliance manufacturer for use with this model may cause fire, electric shock, or injury.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces, including stove.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended purpose.
Other Consumer Safety Information
This appliance is intended for household use only.
WARNING: Electrical Shock Hazard: This appliance is provided with either a polarized (one wide blade) or grounded (3-prong) plug to reduce the risk of electric shock. The plug fits only one way into a polarized or grounded outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the plug by modifying the plug in any way or by using an adapter. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, have an electrician replace the outlet.
The length of the cord used on this appliance was selected to reduce the hazards of becoming tangled in or tripping over a longer cord. If a longer cord is necessary, an approved extension cord may be used. The electrical rating of the extension cord must be equal to or greater than the rating of the appliance. If the appliance is of the grounding type, the extension cord should be a grounding-type, 3-wire cord. Care must be taken to arrange the extension cord so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or accidentally tripped over.
To avoid an electrical circuit overload, do not use another highwattage appliance on the same circuit with this appliance.
An extension cord should be connected to the appliance first, before it is plugged into the outlet.
Always use grill on flat surface to ensure grease and oils drain properly. Use caution when cleaning spilled hot grease. Use caution when cooking and around splattering grease.
Always use drip tray and make sure it is resting on counter directly under grill before use.
Never move grill when in use. Unplug unit and let cool before moving. Always use an oven mitt to protect hand when opening the grill.
CAUTION - Burn Hazard: Escaping steam may cause burns.
See other models: 25601 33969A 62622 33473 33660