Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English, Spanish)
- Warranty Guide - (English)
- CA Prop 65 - (English)
OPERATOR’S MANUAL Craftsman CMXGNAM1130051
Table of Contents
- Important Safe Operation Practices
- Service and Maintenance
- Parts/Warranty See Separate Supplement
- The battery is filled with battery acid and then sealed at the factory. However, even a “maintenance free” battery requires some maintenance to ensure its proper life cycle.
- Spray the terminals and exposed wire with a battery terminal sealer, or coat the terminals with a thin coat of grease or petroleum jelly, to protect against corrosion.
- Always keep the battery cables and terminals clean and free of corrosion.
- Avoid tipping. Even a sealed battery will leak electrolyte when tipped.
- When storing the tractor for extended periods, disconnect the negative battery cable. It is not necessary to remove the battery.
- All batteries discharge during storage. Keep the exterior of the battery clean, especially the top. A dirty battery will discharge more rapidly.
- The battery must be stored with a full charge. A discharged battery can freeze sooner than a charged battery. A fully charged battery will store longer in cold temperatures than hot.
- Recharge the battery before returning to service. Although the tractor may start, the engine charging system may not fully recharge the battery.
WARNING: Battery posts, terminals and related accessories contain lead and lead compounds. Wash hands after handling.
The battery is located beneath the seat frame. To remove the battery:
- Remove the hex washer screw (a) securing the battery hold-down bracket b) to the frame. Then flip the battery hold-down bracket b) up to free the battery. See Figure
- Remove the hex cap screw and sems nut securing the black negative battery lead to the negative battery post (marked NEG). Move the cable away from the negative battery post.
- Remove the hex cap screw and sems nut securing the red positive battery lead to the positive battery post (marked POS).
- Carefully lift the battery out of the tractor.
- Install the battery by repeating the above steps in the reverse order.
Charging the Battery
Test and, if necessary, recharge the battery after the tractor has been stored for a period of time.
- A voltmeter or load tester should read volts (DC) or higher across the battery terminals. See Figure 14.
- Charge the battery with a volt battery charger at a MAXIMUM rate of 10 amps.
Newest Added: CMXGRAM1130037 CMXGRAM1130044 CMXGRAM1130047 CMXGRAM1130035 CMXGRAM1130045
Tags: Craftsman CMXGRAM1130044, Craftsman Z550, Craftsman M220 Mower, Craftsman M220 Lawn Mower, Craftsman Lawn Mower, Craftsman 1130044 Engine Manual, Craftsman V60 Electric Mower