Documents: Go to download!
- Owner's manual - (English, French, Spanish)
USER MANUAL Rice Cooker
Parts and features
1. Cooking Pot
2. Steamer Basket
3. Removable Lid Liner
4. Lid Liner Handles
6. Lid Button
7. Removable Steam Vent Cover
8. Lid Alignment Pin
9. Lid Liner Tab Slots
11. Control Panel
12. Rice Paddle
13. Rice Measuring Cup (6 oz. [177 ml])
14. Lid Liner Tabs
15. Lid Liner Pin Gasket
How to use the Rice Cooker
BEFORE FIRST USE: Wash Cooking Pot, Lid Liner, Steamer Basket, Rice Measuring Cup, and Rice Paddle in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry.
Rice Measuring Cup – Do not throw away the Rice Measuring Cup that comes with your unit. This is an important tool in using your Rice Cooker successfully and its size is standard in the rice industry. One Rice Measuring Cup equals 6 oz. (177 mL) or approximately 3/4 cup (U.S. standard measuring cup).
Steamer Basket – Use to steam meats, poultry, and vegetables.
To remove Lid Liner: Hold Lid Liner Handles and pull out, then up.
To install Lid Liner: Using Lid Liner Handles, insert Lid Liner Tabs behind Lid Liner Tab Slots. Align Lid Pin Gasket over Lid Alignment Pin. Push Lid Liner Handles until Lid Liner clicks into place.
How to cook rice:
1. Add desired amount of uncooked rice to Cooking Pot; then fill with water to corresponding water line. Example: If you add 4 level rice measuring cups of rice to the Cooking Pot, add water to the “4” line of the pot. DO NOT exceed 8-cup MAX fill line.
2. Place Cooking Pot straight down on Base. Make sure Cooking Pot is securely placed into Base.
NOTE: Make sure bottom of Cooking Pot is not bent or warped, or it will not conduct heat correctly.
3. Plug into outlet. Rice Cooker will turn on.
4. Press desired function button. Selected function and time will flash. Rice Cooker will start to heat automatically after 5 seconds.
5. At the end of the cooking time, Rice Cooker will automatically switch to KEEP WARM. Rice Cooker will keep warm up to 24 hours, switch to standby mode.
Rice program functions
The rice functions have preprogrammed cycles with a default cooking time that cannot be adjusted. Actual cooking time depends on the amounts of ingredients and water. If the actual cooking time is less than the default time, the display time will jump to a time designated by the program and start counting down until finished cooking. If actual cooking time is longer than the default, the program holds for a time and then counts down until finished cooking. The Rice Cooker automatically switches to KEEP WARM when done cooking and will keep warm up to 24 hours.
|DEFAULT COOKING TIME
|WHITE RICE/SUSHI RICE
Four functions can be adjusted to the time you desire. After selecting a function, press and hold the SET TIME button to set cooking time. The cooker will automatically start and the display will show “ON” until the cooking temperature is reached, then the timer will begin to count down. The cooker automatically switches to KEEP WARM (Except when SAUTÉ function is selected) when done cooking and will keep warm up to 24 hours.
|5–90 minutes; timer countdown begins when water boils.
|When SAUTÉ is selected, display shows “ON” and Rice Cooker begins to heat. SAUTÉ can be used for up to 60 minutes.
|0–90 minutes; timer countdown begins when water boils.
|SLOW COOK LOW
|Default time is 4 hours. Adjustable from 2–14 hours. The timer countdown starts immediately. Automatically switches to KEEP WARM for a total cooking and warm time of 24 hours. For example, if slow cook time is 6 hours, KEEP WARM time is 18 hours (24 hours minus 6 hours).
|SLOW COOK HIGH
|Same as SLOW COOK LOW, except that default time is 2 hours.
*NOTE: If pot boils dry, Rice Cooker will beep twice, switch to KEEP WARM, and “0:00” will be on the display
The KEEP WARM function should be used for already-cooked food. Do not cook on KEEP WARM. Timer will count up to display the total amount of time on KEEP WARM.
DELAY START function
The DELAY START function can be used with HOT CEREALS, STEAM, and RICE functions. Place water and food items in Cooking Pot or food in Steamer Basket.
Press SET TIME. The DELAY START indicator will illuminate and the time display will flash “0:30.” Continue to press SET TIME to increase the time in 30-minute increments, then select desired cooking/steaming function and time. Rice Cooker will automatically start after 5 seconds, counting down the delay time. Cooking/steaming will begin once the unit has completed the delay time countdown. After cooking is complete, the Rice Cooker will switch to KEEP WARM.
Care and cleaning
1. Unplug Rice Cooker.
2. Lid Liner is hand-washable in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry. Lid Liner should be removed and cleaned after each use.
3. Cooking Pot, Steamer Basket, Rice Measuring Cup, and Rice Paddle are dishwasher-safe. DO NOT use the “SANI” setting when washing in the dishwasher. “SANI” cycle temperatures could damage your product.
4. Wipe Base with a soft, damp cloth or sponge. To remove stubborn spots, use a mild, nonabrasive cleanser.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons, including the following:
1. Read all instructions.
2. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are closely supervised and instructed concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
3. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
4. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs. Use pot holders when removing hot containers.
5. To protect against a risk of electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug, or base in water or other liquid.
6. Unplug from outlet when not in use. Unplug and allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
7. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged supply cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Supply cord replacement and repairs must be conducted by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. Call the provided customer service number for information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
8. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
9. Do not use outdoors.
10. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces, including the stove.
11. Do not place cooking pot or base on or near a hot gas or an electric burner, or in a heated oven.
12. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot food, water, or other hot liquids.
13. To disconnect, turn off (CANCEL); then remove plug from wall outlet. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
14. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
15. Lift and open cover carefully to avoid scalding, and allow water to drip into the cooker.
16. CAUTION: Risk of electric shock. Cook only in removable container.
17. Do not place the unit directly under cabinets when operating as this product produces large amounts of steam. Avoid reaching over the product when operating.
18. Intended for countertop use only.
19. WARNING! Spilled food can cause serious burns. Keep appliance and cord away from children. Never drape cord over edge of counter, never use outlet below counter, and never use with an extension cord.
20. Vessel may remain hot after unit is turned off.
Other Consumer Safety Information
This appliance is intended for household use only.
Electrical Shock Hazard: This appliance is provided with a polarized plug (one wide blade) to reduce the risk of electric shock. The plug fits only one way into a polarized outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the plug by modifying the plug in any way or by using an adapter. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, have an electrician replace the outlet.
A short power-supply cord is used to reduce the risk resulting from it being grabbed by children, becoming entangled in, or tripping over a longer cord.
To avoid an electrical circuit overload, do not use another high-wattage appliance on the same circuit with this appliance.
See other models: 37571 37530A 37508 35033 35034