Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English, French, Spanish)
User manual Stand Mixer for KitchenAid K45SSOB
ASSEMBLING THE STAND MIXER
- Check to be sure that the Stand Mixer is unplugged, and the speed control is turned to “0”.
- Raise the motor head: Slide the locking lever to the unlock position and lift the motor head.
- NOTE: To move the speed control lever with ease, lift slightly up as you move it across the settings in either direction.
- Attach the bowl: Place the bowl on the bowl clamping plate and gently turn it in a clockwise direction to lock it into place.
- Attach any accessory: Slip the accessory onto the beater shaft and press upward as far as possible. Turn the accessory counterclockwise to hook the accessory over the pin on the shaft.
- Lower the motor head until it is all the way down, then slide the locking lever to the lock position. Before mixing, test lock by attempting to raise motor head.
IMPORTANT: Your Stand Mixer is adjusted at the factory so that the flat beater just clears the bottom of the bowl. If, for any reason, the flat beater hits the bottom of the bowl or is too far away from the bowl, you can easily correct the clearance.
NOTE: When properly adjusted, the flat beater will not strike on the bottom or sides of the bowl. If the flat beater or the wire whip is so close that it strikes the bottom of the bowl, coating may wear off the beater or wires on the whip may wear.
OPERATING THE STAND MIXER
NOTE: The Stand Mixer may warm up during use. Under heavy loads with extended mixing time, the top of the unit may become hot. This is normal.
- Plug the Stand Mixer into a grounded 3 prong outlet. Always set the speed control lever on lowest speed to start, then gradually increase speed to avoid splashing ingredients. See the “Speed control guide” to select the best speed for your recipe. NOTE: To move the speed control lever with ease, lift slightly up as you move it across the settings in either direction.
- Do not scrape the bowl while the Stand Mixer is operating. The bowl and beaters are designed to provide thorough mixing without frequent scraping. Scraping the bowl once or twice during mixing is usually sufficient.
DISASSEMBLING THE STAND MIXER
- Raise the motor head: Check to be sure that the Stand Mixer is unplugged, and the speed control is turned to “0”; then, slide the locking lever to the unlock position and lift the motor head.
- Remove the accessory: Press the accessory upward as far as possible, then turn the accessory clockwise and pull it away from the beater shaft.
- Remove the bowl: Gently turn the bowl counterclockwise to release it from the bowl clamping plate.
KitchenAid offers a wide range of optional attachments such as the spiralizer, pasta cutters, or food grinder that may be attached to the Stand Mixer attachment power hub as shown here.
- Check to be sure that the Stand Mixer is unplugged and the speed control is turned to “0”.
- Turn the attachment knob counterclockwise to remove attachment hub cover.
- Insert attachment into attachment hub, making certain that attachment power shaft fits into the square attachment hub socket. It may be necessary to rotate the attachment back and forth. When it is in the proper position, the pin on the attachment will fit into the notch on the hub rim.
- Tighten the attachment knob by turning it clockwise until the attachment is completely secured to the Stand Mixer. See the Instructions manual that came with your attachment for detailed directions on using the attachment.
CLEANING THE STAND MIXER
IMPORTANT: Do not wash the wire whip in the dishwasher. Do not immerse the Stand Mixer body in water or other liquids. These parts should be hand-washed.
- Turn Stand Mixer off and unplug before cleaning. Wipe the Stand Mixer body with a soft, damp cloth. Do not use household/commercial cleaners. Wipe off the beater shaft frequently to remove any accumulation of residue. Do not immerse in water.
- Bowl, pouring shield*, flat beater, and white dough hook may be washed in a dishwasher. Or, clean them thoroughly in hot sudsy water and rinse completely before drying. Do not store beaters on shaft.
- IMPORTANT: The wire whip is not dishwasher-safe. Clean it thoroughly in hot, sudsy water and rinse completely before drying. Do not store wire whip on shaft.
Newest Added: KSM150PSOB KSM150PSCU KHM512MY KSM75WH 740-0781
Series: K45 Series, KSM45–KSM200 Series
Tags: KitchenAid Stand Mixers User Manuals, KitchenAid Stand Mixers Use Manual, Kitchenaid Ksm75wh, KitchenAid Dishwasher KDTM354DSS, Kitchenaid K45 Series Manual, Kitchenaid Ksm45, Kitchenaid K45 Manual