Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English, French, Spanish, German)
Installation & Operation for Rockford Fosgate T1D412
Table of Contents
- LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT
- DESIGN FEATURES
- CARTON CONTENTS
- VENTED ENCLOSURES
- BUILDING AN ENCLOSURE
- CALCULATING VOLUME
- VENTED ENCLOSURES
- “ HIGH OUTPUT ” SLOT LOADED ENCLOSURES
- PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS
Vented enclosures vary only from the sealed enclosure in that a vent or port is added to “tune” the enclosure.The enclosures recommended are designed for great overall performance. Larger boxes tend to be easy to tune to lower frequencies while medium and small boxes are easier to tune to higher frequencies.The vented design is less linear in response than the sealed box but with noticeably more output at the tuning frequency.
Advantages of vented enclosures:
• Higher average output than sealed
• Tuning frequency can be easily adjusted by changing port length
• Deep bass response with lower power requirements
• Great for high output with limited power
BUILDING AN ENCLOSURE
To work properly, the walls of the enclosure must be rigid and not flex when subjected to the high pressures generated by the speaker's operation. For optimum performance, we recommend using 3/4" MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) and internal bracing.The enclosure should be glued together and secured with nails or screws.
Calculating volume is merely a matter of measuring the dimensions in inches and using the formula: H x W x D divided by 1728 (cubic feet). See block below.
If two facing sides are of uneven length, add them together and divide by two to take the average. Using this number will give you the volume without the necessity of calculating the box in sections and adding the sections together.The thickness of the baffle material reduces the internal volume so this must be subtracted from the outside dimensions to determine the internal volume.The speaker itself also reduces the internal volume.The amount of air displaced by each model is listed on the specification sheet and should also be subtracted from the gross volume calculation.
- NOTE: Vb is the gross volume, which is the TOTAL internal volume, before any speaker and/or port displacement. All external dimensions were based on the use of 3/4" (1.90cm) materials.
- NOTE: When using enclosures other than recommended, call Technical Support for correct application.
- NOTE: The port shown can be placed on any face of the enclosure as long as the port ends are not obstructed.
- NOTE: When using vented enclosures, for maximum reliability and power handling ensure that a subsonic or "infrasonic" filter is used so that only usable low frequency signal is sent to the subwoofer.
Rockford's proprietary SWIFT™ Terminal provides simple convenient selection of nominal impedance load of the dual voice coil sub-woofer. The removable impedance selection jumper also provides fused protection in severe overload conditions and should only be replaced by an authorized dealer.
As per the illustration, by inverting the center plug the dual voice coil's are connected in either a "series of parallel" configuration allowing for convenient configuration for optimal amplifier loading. Please make sure that this center plug is securely fitted. This should only be done by an authorized Rockford dealer to insure the system is properly configured.
NOTE: Sub also includes non fused jumper
Newest Added: T1D415 T2652-S T1T-S T1D410 P1692
Tags: Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer, Rockford Fosgate Subwoofe, Rockford Fosgate P500 12, Rockford Fosgate Speaker, Rockford Fosgate P Amplifier