Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English, French, Spanish, German, Italian)
Installation & Operation POWERED ENCLOSURE for Rockford Fosgate P500-12P
Table of Content
- Design Features
- Installation Considerations
- Battery and Charging
- Wiring the System
- Adjusting Gain / Crossover
- Phase Switch
- Input Level
- Auto Turn-on
- Punch Bass / Remote Punch Level
- Additional Languages
- Limited Warranty Information
Battery and Charging
- Amplifiers will put an increased load on the vehicle’s battery and charging system. We recommend checking your alternator and battery condition to ensure that the electrical system has enough capacity to handle the increased load of your stereo system. Stock electrical systems which are in good condition should be able to handle the extra load of any Prime Series amplifier without problems, although battery and alternator life can be reduced slightly. To maximize the performance of your amplifier, we suggest the use of a heavy duty battery and an energy storage capacitor.
Wiring the System
- Plan the wire routing. Keep RCA cables close together but isolated from the amplifier’s power cables and any high power auto accessories, especially electric motors. This is done to prevent coupling the noise from radiated electrical fields into the audio signal. When feeding the wires through the firewall or any metal barrier, protect them with plastic or rubber grommets to prevent short circuits. Leave the wires long at this point to adjust for a precise fit at a later time.
- Prepare the RED wire (power cable) for attachment to the amplifier by stripping 1/2” of insulation from the end of the wire. Insert the bared wire into the B+ terminal of the power connector and tighten the set screw to secure the cable in place.
- Trim the RED wire (power cable) within 18” of the battery and splice in a inline fuse holder (not supplied). See Specifications for the rating of the fuse to be used. DO NOT install the fuse at this time.
- Strip 1/2” from the battery end of the power cable and crimp an appropriate size ring terminal to the cable. Use the ring terminal to connect to the battery positive terminal.
- Prepare the BLACK wire (Ground cable) for attachment to the amplifier by stripping 1/2” of insulation from the end of the wire. Insert the bare wire into the GROUND terminal of the power connector and tighten the set screw to secure the cable in place. Prepare the chassis ground by scraping any paint from the metal surface and thoroughly clean the area of all dirt and grease. Strip the other end of the wire and attach a ring connector. Fasten the cable to the chassis using a non-anodized screw and a star washer.
- Prepare the Remote turn-on wire for attachment to the amplifier by stripping 1/2” of insulation from the end of the wire. Insert the bared wire into the REMOTE terminal of the power connector and tighten the set screw to secure the wire in place. Connect the other end of the Remote wire to a switched 12 volt positive source. The switched voltage is usually taken from the source unit’s remote amp on lead. If the source unit does not have this output available, the recommended solution is to wire a mechanical switch in line with a 12 volt source to activate the amplifier.
- Connect the power connector to the mating connector at the amplifier.
- Connect from source signal by plugging the RCA cables into the RCA/Speaker Harness input jacks, then insert the four pin Molex connector into the mating four pin INPUT connector at the amplifier.
Newest Added: TMS57 M2WL-8B M2-8B M2-300X4 M2WL-8HB
Also, These documents are for others Rockford Fosgate models: P300-8P, P300-10, P300-10T, P300-12, P300-12T
Tags: Rockford Fosgate Prime, Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer, Rockford Fosgate P500 12, Rockford Fosgate Speaker, Rockford Fosgate P Amplifier, Rockford Fosgate Audio, Rockford Fosgate Model Four