Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English)
- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov - (English)
- For additional California Prop 65 information. - (English)
- PARTS IDENTIFICATION
- BEFORE FIRST USE
- HOW TO USE
- CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
- RETURN INSTRUCTIONS
- IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS
- SHORTCORD PURPOSE
- POLARIZED PLUG
Table of contents
User manual Coffee Percolator
B. Brew Progress Knob
D. Cool Touch Handle
E. On/Off Button with Indicator Light
G. Coffee Basket Lid
H. Coffee Basket
I. Pump Tube
BEFORE FIRST USE
1. Before using your percolator for the first time, thoroughly wash all parts of the percolator.
2. Always ensure that the Brew Progress Knob is in position on the lid. Ensure that it is not loose or unstable.
3. To remove the Brew Progress Knob on the lid, simply twist counter-clockwise to unscrew. To reattach the knob back to the lid, simply twist clockwise to lock it back into place. Do NOT snap or push the knob back into position. Make sure the black washer ring is always in position.
4. If the Brew Progress Knob feels loose or unstable in any way, please contact Customer Support to obtain a replacement.
5. Discontinue use of the Coffee Percolator if it has a loose or unstable Progress Knob to reduce the risk of damage or personal injury.
HOW TO USE
1. Remove coffee basket lid, coffee basket, stainless steel lid, and pump tube with spring. Using the measurement markings found on the inside of the unit, fill the Percolator with the desired amount of water. For best results, please use cold water.
2. Place Coffee Basket over pump tube and spring. Add desired amount of coffee grounds using the markings found inside the Coffee Basket.
3. Place Coffee Basket and Pump Tube assembly into the Percolator so that the bowl shaped end of the Pump Tube fits directly into the well found on the bottom of the inside of the Percolator. Place Coffee Basket Lid over the Coffee Basket and push the Stainless Steel Lid on top of the Percolator.
4. Plug the Swivel Base into an outlet and connect the Percolator to the Swivel Base. Press the on/off button to brew coffee, the red indicator light will light up. When coffee is finished brewing, the blue indicator light will illuminate and automatically keep warm for 30 minutes until the percolator automatically cuts off the power.
No. of Cups of Coffee
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
1. Always remove the Percolator from the Swivel Base then unplug Swivel Base from the wall outlet before attempting to clean the Percolator.
2. Allow Percolator to cool before cleaning.
3. Remove the Percolator body from the swivel base. Make sure the unit is sitting evenly on a flat surface. Grasp the lid with the Brew Progress knob and gently pull straight up.
4. Gently, pull the Coffee Basket, Coffee Basket Lid, and Pump Tube straight up and out of the body. Take the Coffee Basket Lid off the Coffee Basket and dispose of used coffee grounds.
5. The Stainless Steel Lid, Coffee Basket, Coffee Basket Lid, and Pump Tube (with spring) can all be placed into the
upper rack of a dishwasher or washed in warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
6. Simply wipe the Percolator body and base with a clean, damp cloth and dry before storing.
7. Storage: The power supply cord is attached to the swivel base. For clutter free storage, wrap the power cord into a coil underneath the swivel base.
Brew Progress Knob
1. To remove the Brew Progress Knob on the lid, simply twist counter-clockwise to unscrew.
2. Rinse under warm water to clean and dry thoroughly. To reattach the knob back to the lid, simply twist clockwise to lock it back into place. Do NOT snap or push the knob back into position. Make sure the black washer ring is always in position.
3. If the Brew Progress Knob feels loose or unstable in any way, please contact Customer Support to obtain a replacement.
4. Discontinue use of the Coffee Percolator if it has a loose or unstable Progress Knob to reduce the risk of damage or personal injury.
Removal Of Mineral Deposits And Lime Scale:
Lime Scale forms over time when water is heated. Though scale is natural and harmless, it may produce a powdery substance or mineral-like chunks that can get into your hot beverages and affect the taste.
Mineral deposits in tap water may cause the percolator interior to discolor. To remove this build-up, use Liquid De-scaler, a simple to use, non-toxic cleaner.
1. Fill the percolator with 3 cups of white vinegar and the remainder with water and be allowed to stand overnight. DO NOT BOIL!
2. Empty the solution from the percolator, any stains remaining inside the spout can be removed by rubbing with a damp cloth. Fill the percolator with clean water, bring to boil and then discard the water. Repeat and the percolator will then be ready to use.
A. Any return of defective merchandise to the manufacturer must be processed accordingly by first contacting customer service to obtain an RA # (Return Authorization Number). We will not accept any returns of merchandise without an applicable RA #.
B. IMPORTANT RETURN INSTRUCTIONS. Your Warranty depends on your following these instructions if you are returning the unit to Maxi-Matic, USA:
1. Carefully pack the item in its original carton or other suitable box with sufficient cushioning to avoid damage in shipping.
2. Before packing your unit for return, be sure to enclose:
a) Your name, full address with zip code, daytime telephone number, and RA#,
b) A dated sales receipt or PROOF OF PURCHASE,
c) The model number of the unit and the problem you are having (Enclose in an envelope and tape directly to the unit before the box is sealed,) and
d) Any parts or accessories related to the problem.
3. Maxi-Matic, USA recommends that you ship the package via UPS ground service for tracking purposes. We cannot assume responsibility for lost or damaged products returned to us during incoming shipment. For your protection, always carefully package the product for shipment and insure it with the carrier. C.O.D shipments cannot be accepted.
4. All return shipping charges must be prepaid by you.
5. Once your return has been received by our warehouse, Maxi-Matic, USA will repair or replace the product if it is defective in material or workmanship, subject to the conditions in paragraph B.
6. Maxi-Matic will pay the shipping charges to ship the repaired or replacement product back to you.
The Elite Brand takes consumer safety very seriously. Products are designed and manufactured with our valued consumers' safety in mind. Additionally, we ask that you exercise a level of caution when using any electrical appliance by following all instructions and important safeguards.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE AND SAVE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
WARNING: When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed as below:
1. Read all instructions and retain the instruction manual in a safe place.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces always use the handles and knobs.
3. Do not immerse cord, plug, or base unit in water or other liquids.
4. Close supervision is recommended when the appliance is used near children.
5. Unplug when not in use or before cleaning.
6. Always allow the percolator to cool before cleaning.
7. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged.
8. The use of accessories or attachments is not recommended.
9. Do not use outdoors or in wet/damp environments
10. Do not let power cord hang over edge of table, counter, or touch hot surfaces.
11. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
12. Always fill the percolator first, then set the appliance onto the swivel base and plug in. To disconnect, turn any control to off, then remove plug from wall outlet.
13. Do not operate when the water is below the minimum level.
14. The appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
15. The housing may get hot when the appliance is operating.
16. If the tank of appliance is overfilled, boiling water may be ejected.
17. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
18. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
19. If the SUPPLY CORD is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
20. The appliances are not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
21. This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
- staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
- farm houses;
- by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- bed and breakfast type environments.
22. To prevent damage or serious injury discontinue use of the Percolator and contact customer support if Brew Progress Knob is loose and/or will not screw onto the lid tightly.
23. The appliance is only to be used with the stand provided.
24. To against electric shock, never make spillage on the connector of stand.
25. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
Note: A short power cord is provided to reduce the risk of personal injury resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a long cord.
Longer power-supply cords or extension cords may be used if care is exercised in their use.
If an extension cord is used: (1) the marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the product; (2) the extension cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the counter top or tabletop where it can unintentionally be pulled on or tripped over by children or pets.
If this appliance is equipped with a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other), please follow the below instructions:
To reduce the risk of electrical shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If you are unable to fit the plug into the electrical outlet, try reversing the plug.
If the plug still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Never use the plug with an extension cord unless the plug can be fully inserted into the extension cord. Do not alter the plug of the product or any extension cord being used with this product. Do not attempt to defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug.
See other models: EHC112 EHC111A EHC9420 ETS-411 EWM-6122