Documents: Go to download!
- Owner's manual - (English)
- Set up your TV
- Power up
- Grab your remote
- Get to know your TV
- Complete guided setup and activation
- Viewing 4K Ultra HD Content
- Connecting brings out your TV’s full potential!
- Broadcasting & Operating Environment
Table of contents
User manual Television
Set up your TV
To use the stand
A: To prevent damage to the screen, carefully place your TV on a soft, cushioned surface.
B: Put the column of the stands into the TV, align the stands with the screw holes located on the TV. Secure the stands to the TV with four (4) screws.
For 65” and 75” models, you have another option to mount the stands to the middle of the TV bottom.
Never place a television set in an unstable location. A television set may fall, causing serious personal injury or death. Many injuries, particularly to children, can be avoided by taking simple precautions such as:
- Using cabinets or stands recommended by the manufacturer of the television set.
- Only using furniture that can safely support the television set.
- Ensuring the television set is not overhanging the edge of the supporting furniture.
- Not placing the television set on tall furniture (for example, cupboards or bookcases) without anchoring both the furniture and the television set to a suitable support.
- Not placing the television set on cloth or other materials that may be located between the television set and supporting furniture.
- Educating children about the dangers of climbing on furniture to reach the television set or its controls.
If your existing television set is being retained and relocated, the same considerations as above should be applied.
To mount on a wall
If you are mounting your TV to the wall, don’t attach the stands
|To mount your TV to the wall, purchase a VESA wall mount
|Purchase a VESA 300x300, 4 M6x20mm screws
|Purchase a VESA 300x300, 4 M6x20mm screws
|Purchase a VESA 400x300, 4 M6x20mm screws
The VESA number is the horizontal and vertical measurement of the mounting holes. For example, 300X300 refers to the fact that the mounting measurements are 300mm horizontally and 300mm vertically.
Follow the instructions that come with the wall mount.
Your wall mount must be able to bear a minimum of five times the TV’s net weight to avoid causing damage.
In this step, we’ll make sure all systems are GO!
Power your TV remote by inserting the included batteries.
Connect your power cable to the TV, then plug it in to the wall outlet.
Connect other devices by referencing port label and descriptions on the next page.
Power Tip! Always replace depleted batteries with two same brand-new batteries from the same manufacturer. Never use damaged batteries. If your remote gets warm/hot during use, discontinue use and contact customer support immediately at support.tclusa.com.
Grab your remote
The TV remote should feel right at home in your hand. We designed it to be incredibly intuitive for watching TV and navigating on-screen menus.
Here's a fun-fact about your Roku TV enhanced remote.
Using your remote’s voice search feature lets you search through the widest selection of channels — by actor, title, or director.
Here’re some buttons you should know about.
A: POWER Turn TV on and off
B: BACK Return to previous screen
C: HOME Return to Roku Home screen
D: VOLUME Raise and lower volume
E: INSTANT REPLAY Replay the last few seconds of streaming video
F: OPTIONS View more options
G: RWD SCAN Rewind streaming video, scroll left one page at a time
H: FWD SCAN Fast forward streaming video, scroll right one page at a time
I: VOICE SEARCH Search content through your voice by holding down the microphone button and waiting for the TV to prompt “Speak Now”
Get to know your TV
Complete guided setup and activation
It’s the final stretch—hurray!
Your TV will automatically detect wireless networks in your area. Have your network name and password handy and follow the easy on-screen instructions.
Your Roku account: Activate your TCL Roku TV using your computer, smartphone, or tablet to link to a Roku account. You need a Roku account to activate your TV and access entertainment across thousands of streaming channels.
IMPORTANT: Roku doesn't charge for activation support - beware of scams.
And setup is done…congratulations!
Continue using the remote to personalize your Home screen and channel line-up, stream movies, and so much more. If you have an antenna or cable connected, just click the tuner tile to watch broadcast TV channels. The fun has just begun!
Viewing 4K Ultra HD Content
4K Spotlight Channel
The Roku 4K UHD Spotlight channel features many movies and TV shows available in 4K UHD resolution
from streaming services such as Netflix, Prime Video, VUDU, and more.
Key things to know: A paid subscription or other payments may be required for some channels. Channel availability subject to change and varies by country. 4K content will not be available on all channels.
Next Generation 4K HDR Devices
With HDMI inputs supporting the latest HDMI standards, connect next-gen game systems, Ultra HD blu-ray players and more to enjoy highest-quality 4K high dynamic range sources.
Upscale 1080p HD to 4K Ultra HD
Enjoy your favorite shows upscaled to near 4K Ultra HD quality with TCL Creative Pro upscaling.
Connecting brings out your TV’s full potential!
Make any night a movie night
Access more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes across major streaming services like Netflix, Google Play, VUDU, and more. Choose from free, rental, and subscription services.*
Stream live news and sports
Choose from over 140 sports channels like ESPN and WWE Network. And stay up to date with live news from channels like ABC News.
Explore your passions
In addition to popular streaming channels like SHOWTIME® and ESPN, your TCL Roku TV also oers hundreds of streaming channels to fuel your passions- including fitness, cooking, religion, outdoors, international programming, and much more.
Free movies, TV and more
Stream hit movies, shows, live news, and more for free. Plus, add Premium Subscriptions like SHOWTIME®, STARZ and dozens more on The Roku Channel.**
Broadcasting & Operating Environment
|US System NTSC-M ATSC standard (8VSB), QAM
CATV 14-36 (A)-(W)
See other models: 65P8M 40S330 40S6800 75C815 55P8M
86-94 (86)-(94)95-99 (A-5)-(A-1)
|5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)
|20% to 80%, non-condensing
|-15°C to 45°C (5°F to 113°F)
|10% to 90%, non-condensing
Having trouble completing the guided setup? Don’t worry, it’s usually an easy fix
4K Picture Quality
• 4K picture quality is largely dependent on the source. Make sure your source content is 4K.
• To stream 4K, we recommend a broadband speed of 25Mbps for optimum viewing.
• For Cable, Satellite, Gaming Consoles, and Blu-Ray players, we recommend using “High-Speed HDMI cables.”
My picture is too small (black bars on the side)
• Play your movie/video and press the (*) asterisk button.
• Select Picture Size, select the picture size of your preference
How to install the Remote Control Mobile App
The free Roku app allows you to use your mobile device as a full functioning remote control with voice search & keypad.
• Download the Roku app to your phone or tablet through Google Play or iTunes.
• Simply search for “Roku App” and choose the Roku app by Roku Inc.
• Follow the onscreen prompts and you’re on your way!
How do I turn the Text-to-Speech (TTS) audio guide on or off?
• Press “*” key on the remote controller four times to turn the audio guide on or off.
1. Select "Settings" at home screen
2. Select "Accessibility"
3. Select "Audio Guide" and turn it on or off
Cannot connect to wireless network (Wi-Fi)
• Select the correct wireless network name and verify the password entered (case sensitive).
• Relocate the router from objects that interfere with performance (cordless phones, baby monitors, etc.).
• Reboot the router by disconnecting the power for more than 2 minutes and reconnect.
Problems connecting my cable/satellite box or antenna through a coax cable
- For best performance, use the HDMI connection. If not available, then:
- Make sure the cable connections to the TV and your device are securely fastened.
- Select cable/satellite box or antenna TV input.
- Select “start finding channels” and follow the on-screen instructions to perform a full channel scan.
What is the remote code for programming my Universal or Cable/Satellite box remote control
|Codes for TCL Roku TVs
|Charter 2 / Spectrum
|Time Warner / Spectrum
|387, 1566, 268