Documents: Go to donwload!
- Owner's manual - (English)
FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR
Read this owner's manual thoroughly before operating the appliance and keep it handy for reference at all times.
LFXS28968* LMXS28626* LFXS28566*
Water Line Installation Instructions
Electric Shock Hazard:
• When using any electrical device (such as a power drill) during installation, be sure the device is battery-powered, double-insulated or grounded in a manner that will prevent the hazard of electric shock.
Install the shutoff valve on the nearest frequently used drinking water line.
1 Shut off the main water supply.
Turn on the nearest faucet to relieve the pressure on the line.
2 Choose the valve location.
Choose a location for the valve that is easily accessible. It is best to connect into the side of a vertical water pipe. When it is necessary to connect into a horizontal water pipe, make the connection to the top or side, rather than at the bottom, to avoid drawing off any sediment from the water pipe.
3 Drill the hole for the valve.
• Drill a ¼ in. hole in the water pipe using a sharp bit. Remove any burrs resulting from drilling the hole in the pipe. Be careful not to allow water to drain into the drill. Failure to drill a ¼ in. hole may result in reduced ice production or smaller cubes.
• The hookup line cannot be white, plastic tubing. Licensed plumbers must use only copper tubing (NDA tubing #49595 or #49599) or Cross Link Polyethylene (PEX) tubing.
4 Fasten the shutoff valve.
Fasten the shutoff valve to the cold water pipe with the pipe clamp.
• Commonwealth of Massachusetts Plumbing Codes 248CMR shall be adhered to. Saddle valves are illegal and use is not permitted in Massachusetts. Consult with your licensed plumber.
5 Tighten the pipe clamp.
Tighten the clamp screws until the sealing washer begins to swell.
NOTE • Do not over tighten clamp or you may crush the tubing.
6 Route the tubing.
Route the tubing between the cold water line and the refrigerator.
Route the tubing through a hole drilled in the wall or floor (behind the refrigerator or adjacent base cabinet) as close to the wall as possible.
MFL68680458 Rev.03_112317 www.lg.com Copyright © 2017 LG Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.
2 TABLE OF CONTENTS
Newest Added: LG Electronics LFXC24726S LG 23.7-cu ft Counter-Depth French Door Refrigerator with Ice Maker (Stainless Steel) ENERGY STAR LTCS24223D LFXS29766S LCG3611ST LMXS28626S
3 PRODUCT FEATURES
4 SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
4 IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
8 PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
9 PRODUCT OVERVIEW
9 Exterior 10 Interior
13 Installation Overview 14 Unpacking the Refrigerator 14 Choosing the Proper Location 16 Removing/Assembling Handles 17 Removing/Assembling the Doors and Drawers 23 Connecting the Water Line 26 Leveling and Door Alignment 27 Turning on the Power
28 Before Use 29 Control Panel 31 Ice and Water Dispenser 32 Ice Compartment 34 Automatic Icemaker 35 Storing Food 38 Humidity Controlled Crispers (On Some Models) 39 Glide‘N’Serve 39 Durabase® 39 Detaching/Assembling the Storage Bins 40 Door-in-Door (On Some Models) 42 Adjusting the Refrigerator Shelves
43 SMART FUNCTIONS
43 LG SmartThinQ Application 45 Smart Grid Function 47 Smart DiagnosisTM Function
48 Cleaning 49 Replacing the Fresh Air Filter 49 Replacing the Water Filter
54 FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions 55 Before Calling for Service
65 LIMITED WARRANTY (USA)
68 LIMITED WARRANTY (CANADA)
3 PRODUCT FEATURES
Depending on the model, some of the following functions may not be available.
FILTERED WATER AND ICE DISPENSER
The water dispenser dispenses fresh, chilled water.
The ice dispenser dispenses cubed and crushed ice.
The Door Alarm function is designed to prevent refrigerator malfunctioning that could occur if a refrigerator door or freezer drawer remains open. If a refrigerator door or freezer drawer is left open for more than 60 seconds, a warning alarm sounds at 30-second intervals.
HUMIDITY CONTROLLED CRISPERS
The Humidity Controlled Crispers are designed to help keep fruits and vegetables fresh and crisp. Control the amount of humidity in the crispers by adjusting the settings between Fruit (Low) and Vegetables (High).
The Glide‘N’Serve provides storage space with a variable temperature control that keeps the compartment colder than the refrigerator. It is a convenient place to store sandwiches or meat to be cooked.
The refrigerator doors and freezer drawers close automatically with a slight push. (The door only closes automatically when it is open at an angle less than 30°.)
Ice production is increased when the freezer section is maintained at the coldest temperature for a 24-hour period.
4 SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
Your safety and the safety of others are very important.
We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and follow all safety messages.
This is the safety alert symbol. This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can kill or injure you and others. All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol and either the word WARNING or CAUTION. These words mean:
WARNING You may be killed or seriously injured if you do not follow instructions.
CAUTION You may be injured or cause damage to the product if you do not follow instructions. All safety messages will tell you what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what may happen if the instructions are not followed.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
To reduce the risk of explosion, fire, death, electric shock, scalding or injury to persons when using this product, follow basic precautions, including the following:
California Proposition 65
• This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling. (USA only)
• To reduce the risk of injury to persons, adhere to all industry recommended safety procedures including the use of long-sleeved gloves and safety glasses.
• Never attempt to operate this appliance if it is damaged, malfunctioning, partially disassembled, or has missing or broken parts, including a damaged cord or plug.
• Only connect this product to a dedicated grounded electrical outlet rated for use with this product (115 V, 60 Hz, AC only). It is the user’s responsibility to replace a standard 2-prong wall outlet with a standard 3-prong wall outlet.
• Do not use an outlet that can be turned off with a switch. Do not use an extension cord.
• The appliance must be positioned for easy access to a power source.
• When moving the refrigerator, be careful not to roll over or damage the power cord.
• Contact an authorized service center when installing or relocating the refrigerator.
• Do not, under any circumstances, cut or remove the third (ground) prong from the power cord.
5 SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
• Keep packing materials out of the reach of children. Packaging material can be dangerous for children. There is a risk of suffocation.
• Do not install the refrigerator in a damp or dusty place where insulation on electrical parts may deteriorate.
• Do not place the refrigerator in direct sunlight or expose it to the heat from heating appliances such as stoves or heaters.
• Do not bend or pinch the power cord excessively or place heavy objects on it.
• This product is not to be used for special purposes such as the storage of medicine or test materials or for use on ships, etc.
• DO NOT allow children to climb, stand, or hang on the refrigerator doors or on the shelves in the refrigerator. They could damage the refrigerator and seriously injure themselves.
• Do not allow children to climb into the refrigerator. They could be trapped and suffocated.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the refrigerator.
• Keep fingers out of pinch point areas; clearances between the doors and cabinets are nec
Tags: LG Refrigerator Manual, Lg Fridge, Lg Fridges, Lg Refrigerator, LG Ice Maker Trouble Shooting, LG User Manual, Lg Door In Door Refrigerator