Documents: Go to donwload!
- User Manual - (English, French)
User manual Dishwasher for Whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ
Add rinse aid
- Your dishwasher is designed to use rinse aid for good drying performance. Without rinse aid, your dishes and dishwasher interior will have excessive moisture. The heating and drying options will not perform as well without rinse aid.
- Rinse aid keeps water from forming droplets that can dry as spots or streaks. It also improves drying by allowing water to drain off of dishes after final rinse. Rinse aid does not adhere to dishware, and when used, it is dispensed during each cycle.
- To add rinse aid, open the dispenser lid by gently pushing in the center of the lid with your thumb while lifting up on the edge.
- Pour rinse aid into the opening until the indicator level shows that it is full.
- Close dispenser by pushing down gently on the lid. NOTE: For most water conditions, the factory setting will give good results.
If you are experiencing poor drying performance, you may want to try a higher setting. Turn the arrow adjuster to a higher number to increase the amount of rinse aid.
- Energy efficiency is gained by extending cycle time and reducing the amount of wattage and water used during your dishwasher's cycle. For exceptional cleaning, cycles are longer due to the soak and pauses.
- Several models contain an optical water sensor used to determine water and energy consumption for great cleaning performance.
- Efficient dishwashers run longer to save water and energy, just as driving a car slower saves on gas. Your first cycle will run longer to calibrate the optical water sensor.
- Your dishwasher has the latest technology in dishwasher filtration. This filtration system minimizes sound and optimizes water and energy conservation while providing superior cleaning.
- The level of cleaning performance may be affected if filters are not properly placed.
- Many detergents now come in premeasured forms (gel packs, tablets, or powder packs).
- It is recommended to use tablets and packs for convenience and improved performance. They have been proven better than powder, liquid or gel detergents at reducing filming on dishes. Using tablets and packs over time will start to reduce or eliminate white film. Also, by using a rinse aid you can minimize repeat buildup of white film. These forms are suitable for all hardness and soil levels. Always place premeasured detergents in main compartment and close lid.
To Reduce Risk of Property Damage During Vacation or Extended Time Without Use
- When you will not be using the dishwasher during the summer months, turn off the water and power supply to the dishwasher.
- Make sure the water supply lines are protected against freezing conditions. Ice formations in the supply lines can increase water pressure and cause damage to your dishwasher or home. Damage from freezing is not covered by the warranty.
- When storing your dishwasher in the winter, avoid water damage by having your dishwasher winterized by authorized service personnel.
Dishwasher does not clean completely
- Be sure the dishwasher is loaded correctly. Improper loading can greatly decrease the washing performance (see
- Operating Your Dishwasher" section).
- Check filter to ensure it is properly installed. Clean it if needed. (See "Filtration System" in full User Guide for details.)
- Select the proper cycle for the type of soils. The Sensor Wash or the Heavy Wash cycles can be used for tougher loads.
- Be sure the incoming water temperature is at least 120°F (49°C).
- Use the proper amount of fresh detergent. More detergent is needed for heavier-soiled loads and hard water conditions.
- Scrape food from dishes prior to loading (do not prerinse).
- If foam or suds are detected by the dishwasher sensing system, the dishwasher may not operate properly or may not fill with water.
Suds can come from:
- Using the incorrect type of detergent, such laundry detergent, hand soap, or dish detergent for hand washing dishes.
- Not replacing the rinse aid dispenser cap after filling (or refilling) the rinse aid.
- Using an excessive amount of dishwasher detergent.
Newest Added: WGD9450WL MT4110SKQ YMMV4206FH NED5800DW YMED5500FW