This symbols will help alert you to such
dangers as personal injury, burns, re and
To reduce the risk of re, electrical shock or
injury when using your dishwasher, follow
the above basic precautions.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
For your Safety
• Use your dishwasher only as instructed in
this Use and Care Manual.
• This Manual does not cover every possible
condition and situation that may occur.
Use common sense and caution when
installing, operating and maintaining any
• NSF certied residential dishwashers
are not intended for licensed food
• DISHWASHER MUST BE ELECTRICALLY
GROUNDED. Read the Installation
Instructions for details.
Please read all instructions before using this
• This dishwasher is designed to operate on
regular house current (120V, 60Hz). Use
a circuit equipped with a 15 ampere fuse
or circuit breaker. Use a 20 ampere fuse
if dishwasher is connected with a food
• Do not operate dishwasher unless all
enclosure panels are in their proper place.
• To avoid entrapment and/or suocation,
remove door or door latch mechanism from
any dishwasher that is discarded or not in
• Keep young children and infants away from
dishwasher when it is operating.
• Do not let children abuse, sit, stand or play
on door or racks of a dishwasher.
• Use only detergents and rinse agents
recommended for use in a dishwasher.
• Store dishwasher detergent and rinse
agents out of the reach of children.
• Do not wash plastic items unless marked:
“Dishwasher Safe” or equivalent. Check
with manufacturer for recommendations,
if not marked. Items that are not marked
dishwasher safe may melt and create a
potential re hazard.
• Disconnect electrical power to dishwasher
• If the dishwasher drains into a food
disposer, make sure disposer is completely
empty before running dishwasher.
• Repairs should be done by a qualied
• Do not tamper with controls.
• Do not touch the heating element during or
• Use care unloading the dishwasher when
the SANITIZE option has been selected.
Contents may be hot to the touch
immediately after the end of cycle.
• Water vapor from the vent may be hot to
the touch when the SANITIZE option has
been selected. Use care and do not let
small children play around or touch the
vent area of the dishwasher.
• When loading items to be washed:
Locate sharp items and knives so
that they are not likely to damage
the door seal or tub.
Load sharp items and knives with
the handles up to reduce the risk
of cut-type injuries.
• Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas
may be produced in a hot water, system
that has not been used for 2 weeks or
more. HYDROGEN GAS IS EXPLOSIVE. If
hot water system has not been used for
such a period, before using dishwasher,
turn on for several minutes This will
release any accumulated hydrogen gas.
HYDROGEN GAS IS FLAMMABLE. Do no
smoke or use an open ame during this
• Do not store or use combustible materials,
gasoline or other ammable vapors and
liquids in the vicinity of this or any other