CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE - 1791477A034/A
• Always check the expiry date on the food
• The foodstuffs must be stored in closed or
pre-packaged containers and must not be
able to emit or absorb moisture and odours.
• Remove perishable products from the
appliance if you are going away for a long
Refrigerator compartment door
• Keep eggs, butter, cheese etc. in the upper
and central parts.
• Keep drinks, bottles, cans etc. in the lower
• Keep conserves, wine, biscuits etc. in the
• Keep dairy products, ready meals, pastries,
fruit juices, beer etc. in the central part.
• Keep meats, cold cuts etc. in the lower part.
• Keep fresh and tropical fruit, vegetables,
carrots, potatoes, onions, etc. in the fruit and
• The type of food, quantity and date of
freezing should be marked on the
• Use small containers, if possible already
• The quantity of fresh foods which can be
frozen at the same time is listed on the
nameplate inside the refrigerator
• Use suitable freezer bags, tinfoil, cling-film
for use with food, and freezer containers.
• Do not use paper bags, cellophane for
non-food use, shopping bags or pre-used
• Avoid frozen food coming into contact with
fresh food to be frozen.
• Keep bagged frozen vegetables, ice, ice
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Cleaning the appliance
A special antibacterial protection on the
appliance's interior walls prevents bacterial
growth and keeps them clean. They must
nevertheless be cleaned regularly in order to
keep them in good condition.
Cleaning the outside of the appliance
• The appliance may be cleaned with water
or alcohol-based liquid detergents (e.g.
window cleaning products).
• Avoid aggressive detergents and rough
sponges in order not to damage the
• Use a soft brush to remove dust and fume
deposits from the condenser on the rear of
• Clean the tank above the compressor.
Cleaning the inside of the appliance
• Clean the inside of the appliance with
diluted liquid detergent and warm water,
adding a little bit of vinegar.
• The door balconies and shelves can be
removed: tap them upwards with your fist,
first on one side and then on the other in the
• Remove any ice thicker than 3-5 mm. Do not
use sharp objects or spray products.
Defrosting the refrigerator compartment
The refrigerator/freezer compartment does not
require defrosting, as any ice which forms on the
refrigeration plate will melt when the
compressor is switched off. The defrosting
process is automatic.
Defrost water is channelled directly into the
dedicated pan on the back of the appliance,
which lets it evaporate by means of the heat
generated by the compressor.
Interior lighting, if damaged, must be repaired
See General safety instructions.
Occasional presence of frost inside the
freezer compartment is normal.
Do not use electrical appliances (e.g.
hair dryers) or sprays for defrosting, the
plastic parts could be damaged.